What's new
Cool, anyone have a link for the 4.03 firmware?
Looks like it may be Tyler's creation so maybe he will release it when he wants. If not too many people beg him for it. :P

Sounds interesting Tyler. How much has it improved the load times so far?
for the moment, it's x3 faster than 4.02.
To be honest, I haven't worked on it since a while.

And yes, it will be released ASAIF (as soon as its finished) but on friends and people who I've done the upgrade.
Then after, in public

Sounds interesting Tyler. How much has it improved the load times so far?
for the moment, it's x3 faster than 4.02.To be honest, I haven't worked on it since a while.

And yes, it will be released ASAIF (as soon as its finished) but on friends and people who I've done the upgrade.
Then after, in public
Does it only improve load times for CF, or net boot too?

Another thought, it might be possible to patch the Naomi bios to skip the memory checks to speed things up further.

For CF only for the moment but yes, I planned to do it for netboot too,as it can be.

It's firmware hack, not bios.

For CF only for the moment but yes, I planned to do it for netboot too,as it can be.

It's firmware hack, not bios.
right, I understood that. Thinking about speeding loading times up just made me think a BIOS mod might be in order as well.

Nice work with the Naomi fw stuff you've done.

Thanks for your hard work Darksoft, it's being appreciated! :)

I too use a Raspberry Pi setup which works fine with Naomi games, however these AW conversions are not fond of my hardware for some reason, I usually get error 22, while it has nothing to do with the seating/reseating of the top board, all Naomi games are working fine.

Does anybody have a clue here as to why that is? I have tested/checked everything, but can't seem to get to the issue here... Sometimes they do boot for some strange reason, but most of the times they don't, clueless here...

Please post which games do that and which games work flawless. That might be an interrupt race as those games are supposed to run from a cartridge. I mainly tested them on a CF, so with Raspberry timing can be different....

Strange thing is, other people are netbooting via Raspberry Pi as well and are not finding the same issues. All AW games are behaving the same way I mentioned above, I tested so far Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist, GG, Metal Slug 6, Rumble Fish 2, Fist of the North Star... I think it has to be something simple, but can't figure out what. Strange thing is btw, they always boot with error 22 coming up. When I go in the test menu and change a random setting, they do boot (found this somewhere on the forum). Probably something wrong with my hardware though and nothing to do with your AW conversions, I'll have a closer look at it...

Last edited:
Strange thing is, other people are netbooting via Raspberry Pi as well and are not finding the same issues. All AW games are behaving the same way I mentioned above, I tested so far Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist, GG, Metal Slug 6, Rumble Fish 2, Fist of the North Star... I think it has to be something simple, but can't figure out what. Strange thing is btw, they always boot with error 22 coming up. When I go in the test menu and change a random setting, they do boot (found this somewhere on the forum).
Random setting... do you mean cab type? I know that's important for some of the racing games to boot.

I usually only change the coin settings, i.e. from number 1 to number 2, that's enough for the game to boot.

A friend of mine got an raspberry too and got problems with it.
Maybe 'reburn'your pi image on your sdcard and try again

If it doesnt change anything:
error 22 is an kind of error you can find for a lots of stuffs.
I think your problem is from the dimmboard itself.
Then you have to check connections between dimm motherboard and daughter board. Maybe ic12s is bad, firmware corrupted or bad soldered or worse, ic2 dying

Thanks Tyler, will try your suggestions. I've also noticed that the supercap (next to the bios chip) has been leaking, I've desoldered it and cleaned the board. Should be able to have a new one in there next week, see if that makes a difference as well.

I'm trying to play Metal Slug 6 but it doesn't boot and i don't know why.
I'm using a CF adapter. Other games plays perfectly, like Dolphin Blue, no problems with it.
When i load Metal Slug 6 i always have a "game is not acceptable" screen.
Any idea??? Do i need something specific? Bios... board...

Some times Settings mess up with the ones from previous games. Try resetting settings from menu or loading a real Naomi game first.

I'm trying to play Metal Slug 6 but it doesn't boot and i don't know why.
I'm using a CF adapter. Other games plays perfectly, like Dolphin Blue, no problems with it.
When i load Metal Slug 6 i always have a "game is not acceptable" screen.
Any idea??? Do i need something specific? Bios... board...
try a different IO board. I had a mutant Capcom IO that only had issues with AW games on my Naomi2. I swapped out for a Sega IO when using Atomiswave games and all booting problems went away. Darksoft and I chatted about this a while back however we never did find resolution. Maybe this will help you too? Good luck!

I am net booting the Atomiswave roms from the list provided by Darksoft in the first entry of this thread. Works great. However, I have two roms that are not appearing on my Raspberry Pi used to net boot the Naomi2. Animal Basket and Dirty Pigskin Football are in the roms folder, but will not appear on the LCD display of the Raspberry Pi so I am unable to load them. This happened with a few other roms (such as Metal Slug 6) and I had to change the rom file name to match a list that was available online of the file names recognized by the Raspberry Pi setup. However, they didn't include the rom names for these two roms so not sure what the exact, correct rom file title is supposed to be for the net booting application of the PiForce software. Anyone using a Raspberry Pi to net boot the Atomiswave roms and know how to get these two roms to show up and load? Love having the Atomiswave games loading on the Naomi - just need these last two and I am set.
Then I will anxiously await the remaining roms to be converted and complete (analog games such as Sega Bass Fishing Challenge) by Darksoft.
Thanks Darksoft - I understand it is probably not high on your priority list, but I would greatly appreciate any additional Atomiswave games converted - in particular - Sega Bass Fishing Challenge to use on my trackball cabinet. Thanks again for your work on this project - awesome.

I am net booting the Atomiswave roms from the list provided by Darksoft in the first entry of this thread. Works great. However, I have two roms that are not appearing on my Raspberry Pi used to net boot the Naomi2. Animal Basket and Dirty Pigskin Football are in the roms folder, but will not appear on the LCD display of the Raspberry Pi so I am unable to load them. This happened with a few other roms (such as Metal Slug 6) and I had to change the rom file name to match a list that was available online of the file names recognized by the Raspberry Pi setup. However, they didn't include the rom names for these two roms so not sure what the exact, correct rom file title is supposed to be for the net booting application of the PiForce software. Anyone using a Raspberry Pi to net boot the Atomiswave roms and know how to get these two roms to show up and load? Love having the Atomiswave games loading on the Naomi - just need these last two and I am set.
Then I will anxiously await the remaining roms to be converted and complete (analog games such as Sega Bass Fishing Challenge) by Darksoft.
Thanks Darksoft - I understand it is probably not high on your priority list, but I would greatly appreciate any additional Atomiswave games converted - in particular - Sega Bass Fishing Challenge to use on my trackball cabinet. Thanks again for your work on this project - awesome.
It's on my list. Believe me.

Back