What's new
Are you saying that your Naomi doesn't just reboot on its own and run games?

On mine it's turn on cab, select game, system reboots a couple times, play game. Works the same no matter what game I select.

Are you saying that your Naomi doesn't just reboot on its own and run games?

On mine it's turn on cab, select game, system reboots a couple times, play game. Works the same no matter what game I select.
Can you please give details of your system?No, it won`t reset on AW and many Naomi games. Just remain stuck on "sending".
I'm not sure what details there are to give. I've got a Naomi 1 motherboard with NetDIMM (4.02 I believe) and a raspberry pi that came from Capaneus's group order here:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=336083&highlight=netboot

I turn on the cab, select a game, the system reboots a couple times all by itself, and loads the game.

Yes; I have the same issue. There are basically a set of Atomiswave and a few Naomi games that simply don't load via the net booting of the Raspberry Pi and simply display "sending" forever until a hard reboot is done (unplug the machine itself) and it loads after the reboot and the game will start. It eliminates the ability to change games "on the fly" for a good portion of Atomiswave games and a select group of Naomi games. With the Naomi games, it seems to be resolved by going into the test menu and when you exit the test mode; it will often load the game as usual. This does NOT work with the Atomiswave games. I am with you; although it seems like a minor inconvenience, it would be GREAT to be able to change ALL Naomi and Atomiswave games on the fly without turning off the machine. It works so slick to do so with the net booting - it is an awesome setup but will get caught on occasion with the game that doesn't load because of this situation and need to restart everything. And with Naomi being so sensitive most of the time; I hate to reboot more than I have to once I have it up and running. I would also support any research into an answer for this - it may not be a bid deal for many, but those that use the Raspberry Pi and change games on the fly - it is a great setup and would be very nice to have all the games change the same. The Atomiswave games on Naomi are truly awesome, but this small improvement would be greatly appreciated as a user of the Raspberry Pi net booting and I would also look to support in any way possible.

Yes; I have the same issue. There are basically a set of Atomiswave and a few Naomi games that simply don't load via the net booting of the Raspberry Pi and simply display "sending" forever until a hard reboot is done (unplug the machine itself) and it loads after the reboot and the game will start. It eliminates the ability to change games "on the fly" for a good portion of Atomiswave games and a select group of Naomi games. With the Naomi games, it seems to be resolved by going into the test menu and when you exit the test mode; it will often load the game as usual. This does NOT work with the Atomiswave games. I am with you; although it seems like a minor inconvenience, it would be GREAT to be able to change ALL Naomi and Atomiswave games on the fly without turning off the machine. It works so slick to do so with the net booting - it is an awesome setup but will get caught on occasion with the game that doesn't load because of this situation and need to restart everything. And with Naomi being so sensitive most of the time; I hate to reboot more than I have to once I have it up and running. I would also support any research into an answer for this - it may not be a bid deal for many, but those that use the Raspberry Pi and change games on the fly - it is a great setup and would be very nice to have all the games change the same. The Atomiswave games on Naomi are truly awesome, but this small improvement would be greatly appreciated as a user of the Raspberry Pi net booting and I would also look to support in any way possible.
Man
This isn't just an small improvement like you wrote.
Atomiswave 's games and hardware aren't designed to work with netboot originally,so can you imagine the work to implement netboot code on it?
And just for raspberry users since on normal hardware changing Naomi's games on the fly works.
You should seek an new raspberry's piforcetools version (which bugs depending on your raspberry hardware version either)

BTW, adding an netboot security chip(a correct one like I've done, not somes you can find on the net which are bugged) can solve your sending/reset on games problems.
Don't tell me it works without, all raspberry I tried needed it ;)

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, has anyone created some way to power the pi from the Naomi or cab itself? I've been just plugging the pi into the wall when I turn on the cab, it'd be great if it could come on with the cab.

Out of curiosity, has anyone created some way to power the pi from the Naomi or cab itself? I've been just plugging the pi into the wall when I turn on the cab, it'd be great if it could come on with the cab.
solder two wires from the filter board (check your pins, there are 12v/5v/3.3v and second one on GND

solder two wires from the filter board (check your pins, there are 12v/5v/3.3v and second one on GND
Not to sound completely stupid, but where would I solder them to on the other end.

no need to solder on the other end, you have to cut your raspberry cable and use it to keep its connector

Do something like this

20140919_181223_zpspdkrhrfd.jpg

Or this

Netboot_RPI_Power.jpg

Looks like I'll have to find one of those connectors. Along with tools to put wires in it, haha.

It was interesting to know exactly: what BIOS, what I/O board (version), what firmware on Netdimm, what kind of "zero key" chip, what model of Raspberry, which version of triforcetools, how much memory on netdimm card.
837-13551 v1.00 CMD ver 1.1 JVS ver 2.0, 3.17 NetDIMM, I don't know this one at all you'd need to contact Capaneus in regards to the zero key, Model 2 B, whichever version was current in March 2015, 256MB

Only thing I don't know how to check is the BIOS as mine's just a random chip with a blank sticker on it. Is it stated in the settings somewhere?

It was interesting to know exactly: what BIOS, what I/O board (version), what firmware on Netdimm, what kind of "zero key" chip, what model of Raspberry, which version of triforcetools, how much memory on netdimm card.
837-13551 v1.00 CMD ver 1.1 JVS ver 2.0, 3.17 NetDIMM, I don't know this one at all you'd need to contact Capaneus in regards to the zero key, Model 2 B, whichever version was current in March 2015, 256MB
Only thing I don't know how to check is the BIOS as mine's just a random chip with a blank sticker on it. Is it stated in the settings somewhere?
Upgrade your dimmboard to 4.02 and I'm 99% sure all will be OK.
ManThis isn't just an small improvement like you wrote.Atomiswave 's games and hardware aren't designed to work with netboot originally,so can you imagine the work to implement netboot code on it?
And just for raspberry users since on normal hardware changing Naomi's games on the fly works.
You should seek an new raspberry's piforcetools version (which bugs depending on your raspberry hardware version either)

BTW, adding an netboot security chip(a correct one like I've done, not somes you can find on the net which are bugged) can solve your sending/reset on games problems.
Don't tell me it works without, all raspberry I tried needed it ;)
Tyler, i believe that most annoying thing is that Naomi games are not working well ( i mean reset). Let`s say 60% for me.I understand that AW games are different. To be honest, i`m not very interested on that side.
Like many answers here, people are just saying "mine is working" without any details: what type of console, which version of BIOS, which version of I/O board, which type of RspeberryPi, which version of netdimm firmware.
I read all posts and you cannot have any picture of the problem since people are talking in so vague terms.

My firmware chip was "burned" by the Giz10p guys, from where netdimm board came and "zero key" chip is coming from Andy Geezer -AGS.
And i hope you notice my statement that i`m willing to financially support whoever can develop a fix for this problem-including AW if possible.
You can say that this request is personal.
I will post the list of the games and their respective problems. At least, maybe i can gather feedback about behavior on various hardware.
sorry if I hurt you or something, I doesn't mean to be rude.

I know that a lot of zerokey chip aren't working correctly.
To be sure that it works at 100% try this
Netboot gigawing2
When on game disconnect rj45 cable
If after an random time(you can play a game or more, sometime less) the Naomi reboot, then your chip is bad.
And even Andy can be wrong...

About raspberry
I don't own one but I have done doors. for friends.
For what I know, current piforcetools aren't 100% compatible with raspberry b+,python script isn't working well (and may have some missing files too like net-config)

Last edited:
if you tried on differents PC it might be an hardware issue.
Have you tried on an different dimmboard/naomi ?

And more important, where did you get your decrypted netboot games?

Edit:i forgot that your problem is an sending file issue. So might be :
Python and/or script issue (but you can send some files)
Netdimm configuration
Hardware issue (check on different naomi /dimmboard)

Naomi is like a girl, sometimes all is OK, 2 minutes later it's the 3rd World War followed with the end of humanity :D

yes,,using latest bios can correct your problem but I'm not sure. It's preferable to have latest version as well

Welcome MetalliC! I'm not sure if people know who you are and how much you did for the arcade community. Maybe you can introduce yourself :)

...and for morons like myself, how does one go about making these changes?

Someone will post a downloadable version for you lay-people soon. lol

Back