What's new
...and for morons like myself, how does one go about making these changes?
get yourself a hex editor (I use HxD) open the file and go to the locations he specified (aka the "offset"), change the value from the old one to the new one, then save the file and enjoy.

Last edited:
get yourself a hex editor (I use HxD) open the file and go to the locations he specified (aka the "offset"), change the value from the old one to the new one, then save the file and enjoy.
Yep. HxD is the way to go.

Welcome MetalliC! I'm not sure if people know who you are and how much you did for the arcade community. Maybe you can introduce yourself :)
Thanks. I think people, who interested in various stuff I did or was involved, already know who I am, so no need for intros ;)

returning to MS6 - blood and other interesting stuff can be changed in hidden debug menu during gameplay, was able get to it after toggling one flag in memory. still looking how to enter it in "legal way", without patches/etc.

Attachments

• ms6_dbg.png
    ms6_dbg.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 372
Welcome MetalliC! I'm not sure if people know who you are and how much you did for the arcade community. Maybe you can introduce yourself :)
Thanks. I think people, who interested in various stuff I did or was involved, already know who I am, so no need for intros ;)
returning to MS6 - blood and other interesting stuff can be changed in hidden debug menu during gameplay, was able get to it after toggling one flag in memory. still looking how to enter it in "legal way", without patches/etc.
Nice! Let us know how it goes.

goes fine ;)

to enable debug mode on main screen:
1) insert coin
2) press almost simultaneously buttons: 1st or 2nd player Start, Service, any of 2nd player buttons 1-3 (A-C)
this is quite tricky, for me works very fast mashing these 3 buttons, with ~ 1/3 chance to get it enabled

ingame:
- press player buttons 4 and 5 (D/E) to enable pause and one more time for debug menu.
- navigate in menus to option shown on my previous message screenshot and change it to ON for full blood and gore.
play with other cheat/debug options if you want )

there is nice "1 INT" option in 1st menu, which let play this game in 60 fps 8)

Last edited:
goes fine ;)

to enable debug mode on main screen:
1) insert coin
2) press almost simultaneously buttons: 1st or 2nd player Start, Service, any of 2nd player buttons 1-3 (A-C)
this is quite tricky, for me works very fast mashing these 3 buttons, with ~ 1/3 chance to get it enabled

ingame:
- press player buttons 4 and 5 (D/E) to enable pause and one more time for debug menu.
- navigate in menus to option shown on my previous message screenshot and change it to ON for full blood and gore.
play with other cheat/debug options if you want )

there is nice "1 INT" option in 1st menu, which let play this game in 60 fps 8)
Does this work on a standard Atomiswave board with a bootleg cartridge? or only the conversion of MS6 to Naomi? honestly, my biggest complain with MS6 is the lack of blood and burning soldiers. If I can fix that, the game will be much better for me.

Thanks!!

So, from my understanding, the instructions go like this:

1. Insert coin
2. Press Service and button A on 2nd player controller
3. Keeping Service and A pressed, press start to begin the game
4. Once you are in-game, press D+E to bring the pause. Press once again to bring the menu.
5. Select last entry.
6. ???
7. Profit!!

Am I correct? I ask because I tried it and could not get it to work.

Thanks!!

Edit: Does this required the game to be in English/Japanese or it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
no, you get it wrong, game doesn't allow start+service pressed at once. read again :D
1) insert coin
2) Start game having pressed Service and one of Player 2 buttons 1-3 (A-C)
this is quite tricky, normally game not allow Service and Start pressed at once, mashing Service+Player2A and Start (not exactly at same time!) usually works with ~2/3 success probability

so it seems original game authors idea was as such:
- user must press Start, for very short time
- immediatelly after Start was released Service+Pl2btn must be pressed
or vice versa

but its easier to get with buttons mashing :)

Last edited:
I'd rather just have the game load with blood by default... I'm going to have to try the hex editor unless I manage to come across a modified file before then (hint...hint...)

:D

I'd rather just have the game load with blood by default... I'm going to have to try the hex editor unless I manage to come across a modified file before then (hint...hint...)

I'd much rather do the same, but then I'd have to desolder the chip, get a new blank chip, burn the modified rom to it and solder it to the cart. And hope that everything goes OK and the cart works fine.

no, you get it wrong, game doesn't allow start+service pressed at once. read again :D
1) insert coin
2) Start game having pressed Service and one of Player 2 buttons 1-3 (A-C)
this is quite tricky, normally game not allow Service and Start pressed at once, mashing Service+Player2A and Start (not exactly at same time!) usually works with ~2/3 success probability

so it seems original game authors idea was as such:
- user must press Start, for very short time
- immediatelly after Start was released Service+Pl2btn must be pressed
or vice versa

but its easier to get with buttons mashing :)
OK, this is different than what I was trying. Hopefully I can get it to work now, I'll try again tonight.

Thanks!

Uploading

To clarify it has the the value of the two offsets changed so you don't need to enter the debug menu to turn the violence on. It is on by default. It is untested so please tell us if it is working.

I can confirm these work ... HOWEVER ... I did get some odd lines in my screen ONLY at the scene with the different cliff faces ... a copter comes out ... right before the end of a level I think.

I never noticed the lines before... but they aren't a huge deal...

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Back