Pinned Latest news on Atomiswave 2 Naomi

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dreygor wrote:

Probably most people wouldn't notice this because they run it in a supergun situation, however I wired up an entire cab with sound, marquee, CRT and everything so some stuff like that shows or sticks out pretty good.
      While I have never tested the voltages when loading Atomiswave games, I run my setup in a regular jamma cab and have never noticed any power dip in the lights or anything else...

:D
    • Dreygor wrote:

One thing I noticed last night when I was tinkering with some stuff is that the 120VAC draw on the Sun power supply ramps waaaaaay up when booting Atomiswave games to the point that sometimes it makes the marquee flicker and you can hear the fans ramp way up. Most prominently it shows when I loaded Sushi Bar. It does not really seem to do this with any of the Naomi games. This means the power demand from the Naomi is super high during this. It seems to calm down after the game is loaded.
      Isn't the marquee running on mains directly ? If starting the SUN pulls the voltage that much down I would check the caps on that SUN.
      The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
    • brentradio wrote:

While I have never tested the voltages when loading Atomiswave games, I run my setup in a regular jamma cab and have never noticed any power dip in the lights or anything else...
      :D
      In all fairness I do need to change out the marquee light and starter. They are a little flakey and very sensitive anyways.

rtw wrote:

Isn't the marquee running on mains directly ? If starting the SUN pulls the voltage that much down I would check the caps on that SUN.
      Yep it runs off the main 120v. However the sun power supply is the first device off the line. I wonder if rewiring it and moving it to last on the

Visual inspection of the inside of the Sun PSU everything looked good, but I didnt put a meter on all of the components.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tek1&2 Ver.B, SE Ver.2 )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tek3, TekTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tek4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tek5 DR, more Gundam games)

Sega Showcase (TTX2 Multi)
      NeoGeo (161in1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi2 NetBoot)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
      Capt America and The Avengers (Dedicated)