What's new
I am not sure how Darksoft will emulate the NETWORK BOARD required to play Extreme Hunting 2... without the board it will not even load on real hardware.
Does it need to be emulated or does the check simply need to be disabled?
I am not sure. All I know is that it will not boot in real hardware without the network board being installed.

The net board was needed for what exactly ? Hi scores ?

OK : i found --> "public Online Tournament option"

Not so much of an option, I guess, if they require the board! :P

I've been keeping an eye out for an Extreme Hunting 2 cart. I'm glad to know now that I'll need to make sure it includes the net card because I've for sure seen listings without them.

Unless you want to play tournaments, it will be bypassed in the Naomi Version.

The net board was needed for what exactly ? Hi scores ?OK : i found --> "public Online Tournament option"
strictly speaking ALL.Net board is not simple dumb network card, but more advanced device, somewhat similar to SystemSP / Triforce Type-3 netbd, or NAOMI NetDimm.
it have (SH3) CPU, memory, can connect to Sammy servers and download game updates, then program it to flash rom board.
sadly all that servers is dead for a long time...

The net board was needed for what exactly ? Hi scores ?OK : i found --> "public Online Tournament option"
strictly speaking ALL.Net board is not simple dumb network card, but more advanced device, somewhat similar to SystemSP / Triforce Type-3 netbd, or NAOMI NetDimm.it have (SH3) CPU, memory, can connect to Sammy servers and download game updates, then program it to flash rom board.
sadly all that servers is dead for a long time...
Yup...so now it's basically a security device only. No ALLNet... no Extreme Hunting 2 on Atomiswave.

...and they charge a bundle for the ALLNet board. I managed to pick up one for a decent price last year...

So with the KOF XI all characters bin I have like garbled/garbage text for the insert coin/free play text and some of the other elements. the game text itself is fine though. Just the press start/free play kinda text that has issues.

I've tried it in JP and USA bios, doesn't seem to matter. Don't think any other atomiswave game did this for me.

I believe it's a known issue with the KOFXI Naomi hack. Doesn't affect gameplay, as you've said. Darksoft mentioned it when it was released but I don't know if it was ever fixed.

I believe it's a known issue with the KOFXI Naomi hack. Doesn't affect gameplay, as you've said. Darksoft mentioned it when it was released but I don't know if it was ever fixed.
it wasn't fixed. There is some kind of weird undocumented clash, that was IMHO deliberately introduced to avoid conversions.

My priority is fixing the driving / shooting games and then I'll get my hands on the 1-2 games that have issues.

Think that this needs retro engineering where many things are undocumented.

It is so awesome to play these games on my Naomi setup!

Thank you Darksoft.

A bonus I didn't expect when I got the Naomi.

Is there a way to net boot to another game after loading an Atomiswave game without having to power down the entire Naomi setup?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's not even possible or somewhere in between.

The Naomi system is totally kick ass!

Pure arcade goodness!

:P

hola amigos de el foro doy las gracias por el aporte pero queria ver si al la forma que puedan convertir el juego de Neo-Geo Battle Coliseo para naomi atomiswave por favor y gracias nuevamente

Is there a way to net boot to another game after loading an Atomiswave game without having to power down the entire Naomi setup?
No, but most of the naomi native games let you do this.

Did you guys make any logs available regarding the process of getting this done / fixing issues with specific games?

I'm curious if a conversion like this would be possible for dreamcast games...

I guess it could be done, but currently I don't have any time for that. I'll get at it at some point for sure...

If someone knows SH4 programming and wants to give it a try ping me. Please only do it if you REALLY intend to seriosly work on this.

Awesome! I'll try and test it out when I get home.

Back