What's new
I wish I could go back in time and grab the Simpsons, but that train has passed.
My buddy found a glitched Simpsons for cheap, one of the custom sprite gen chips was bad...He then hot air pulled it, and replaced it with another sprite gen from a (50$) Martial Champions.

Despite having different markings and numbers on the chips, the swap was a total success!
c22SJT3.jpg

I ended up with a stoopid good deal! :)
XRiTxzY.jpg
that probably means that a martial.champions pcb could be converted into a Simpson in a rather easy way.

If I wouldn't have all these boards already, I'd give this a try as well. Awesome project to fiddle around with, gj guys :)

definitely worth a shot if the donor PCB's would be easily available, luckily I got TMNT and Simpsons before the prices exploded, it is just TMNT2 which I still would like to add to my collection...

definitely worth a shot if the donor PCB's would be easily available, luckily I got TMNT and Simpsons before the prices exploded, it is just TMNT2 which I still would like to add to my collection...
A trade for you NNC can be discussed ;)

Amazing how these prices keep going up, I had to put in a lot of effort to sell it for €150 1-2 years ago if I remember correctly

Pfffff, well then I guess congrats on the purchase :)

FWIW, TMNT is way better than TiT (if you compare the arcade to the SNES version) imho, absolutely love TMNT.

TIT is the better game, and the arcade is the best version hands down. You have to play all three (arcade, SNES, and Genesis Hyperstone Heist) to get the whole game though.

Ah well, everybody has a different opinion on that one. Graphics are better for the arcade version for sure, but the overall feel/controls just feel better on the SNES, other than that is has the Technodrome level in there :)

But enough of that, glad you found a PCB which was reasonably priced for current standards :)

I had a (somewhat tired conversion) 4P Turtles 1 cab I needed to dump earlier this year and it was depressing that (because of the going rate of the PCB), I was only getting like $200 for the cab/monitor :/
-ud

I wish I could go back in time and grab the Simpsons, but that train has passed.
My buddy found a glitched Simpsons for cheap, one of the custom sprite gen chips was bad...He then hot air pulled it, and replaced it with another sprite gen from a (50$) Martial Champions.
Despite having different markings and numbers on the chips, the swap was a total success!
c22SJT3.jpg

I ended up with a stoopid good deal! :)
XRiTxzY.jpg
that probably means that a martial.champions pcb could be converted into a Simpson in a rather easy way.
No because the PCB layout is nothing alike whatsoever.
The functions of the sprite generator chip just remained the same in between revisions, that's why it works.

Back