What's new
I got a cheap saturn for sale if someone needs one for his saturnPSU :saint:

I knew this would happen the minute he realised the files. Shame really, despite all the problems he has had and the losses we all have incurred he has basically given away his IP for free and now others are going to cash in on it
It's a sad situation all around. But don't feel too bad about the IP owner. He wrote a check that he couldn't cash.

This should be satisfactory all around. Either

a) he screwed everyone and stole the money — now his IP is public so nobody will bother him, or

b) he actually got screwed by his vendor and is out of cash — now he has given all that he can in an effort to fulfill his promise to backers

I’d think he’d be happy to see these for sale. In either scenario the public can stop bothering him and get what they want.

I knew this would happen the minute he realised the files. Shame really, despite all the problems he has had and the losses we all have incurred he has basically given away his IP for free and now others are going to cash in on it
If you look at @PascalP 's post at the top of the page, inertial is only making a couple bucks off of these. And the eBay person is actually making less after you take off 14%.

Pity you don't have DC kits. :)

I'd be happy to assemble the Saturn ones for you in exchange for a free kit. You pay postage to me, I'll pay postage back to you.

Does anybody know of anyone selling pre-made SaturnPSUs? I don't have the skill (shaky hands) to put one together myself.

Ordered one via Indiegogo after getting a DreamPSU the other year - brilliant little thing, and a genuine shame Chris had to go through all of this. I do hope he's alright.

Put together my first SaturnPSU tonight, for @PascalP.

Goes together well, would have preferred some more detail on the silkscreen but it's a small PCB so not much room for it. The ICs and regulator take time but aren't difficult. The 0603 SMD components are tiny! Definitely need good light and magnification.

It works well. All voltages are accurate and there's a switch to alternate one of the output pins to either 3.3V or 5V pending Saturn revision. Going over the design, aforementioned switch is my only concern. It's rated at 0.5A from memory and I did notice a slight drop in voltage on that pin. Would have preferred a chunkier switch but perhaps it's not necessary.

Need to clean it and tidy up some excess solder, but not bad for a first attempt all done by hand with an iron and 0.5mm conical tip.

Excuse the crappy photo.
70004964_10218139404369635_3474036107560091648_n.jpg

Wow, looks man! :thumbsup:

And yes, the 0603 parts sure are tiny...and I agree the silkscreen should tell more, that’s why I including the overview drawing @Sp33dFr34k and myself made from the Eagle files.

And yes, the 0603 parts sure are tiny...and I agree the silkscreen should tell more, that’s why I including the overview drawing @Sp33dFr34k and myself made from the Eagle files.
Did you think to preorder another batch of these parts for SaturnPSU ode?

Ahh, I was wondering where that diagram came from. It was extremely useful, thank you!

Did you think to preorder another batch of these parts for SaturnPSU ode?
No not at this point, to be honest, we still lost some money on it with shipping and import fees and all and it will only be worth it if one would order maybe 100+ kits and get better bulk prices.
Still it would be DIY kits and now that there are also these plug and play PicoPSU kits on ebay for $40 or so it will be to expensive :(

Back