What's new
and... 104% funded with still 18 days to go..

That was quick :)

So is this PSU safe? Anyone know how legit it is?

I have a USB-GDROM in one of my DC's, and the mod I did was add that resistor to the 12v line as instructed before.

Didn't know this was an issue with overheating. Though I haven't ran my D.C. for more than a couple hours.

well, ist new, so nobody can know if it's good or not :D

I can report how it works when it arrives to me, but then you are probably not going to be able to buy one.. I don't think there's enough market to justify another run.

Anyway, it's a DC-DC converter so there are not many things that could go wrong.. More critical is the AC-DC converter, and that one you can choose :)

1 day left on this.
I decided to get in on it as well. I have a Pico PSU that I was planning on putting into my DC, but this solution looks so much easier.

LVvzUDp.jpg

Damn this thing is tiny :O

Apparently people in the US are getting the shaft on shipping times. I don't even know when I'll be receiving mine.

Apparently people in the US are getting the shaft on shipping times. I don't even know when I'll be receiving mine.
'Tis the season. Priority boxes I've sent lately have taken almost two weeks to arrive. Just ask @jassin000.

Priority boxes I've sent lately have taken almost two weeks to arrive. Just ask @jassin000.
Yes I thought for sure USPS had lost of destroyed the package when it failed to receive a scan after Nov 25th.
Esp when it only took 3 days to reach Mitsurugi... But in the end it finally showed up and everything was all good.

'Tis the season. Priority boxes I've sent lately have taken almost two weeks to arrive. Just ask @jassin000.
That, plus it doesn't help that the creator of this thing is not sending the kits out direct to the backers in the US. He's got a middle man here dealing with distributing the units, which is adding to the delivery time. This was all to save on shipping costs from the UK. It's understandable from that POV, but what I don't understand is why didn't he coordinate a simultaneous release. That's what I would have done if it were my product.
It's frustrating seeing something you've invested be shown off on forums and youtube by other people, while you're still waiting for yours to arrive.

I've been in contact with the creator and he tells me the units have arrived in the US today. So it should be shipped out on or before this Monday coming up.

I'm getting really excited for mine though. It means that I can finally finish coming up with a proper solution to mounting a small SSD hardrive into my DC, now that there is more room to play with.

I'm getting really excited for mine though. It means that I can finally finish coming up with a proper solution to mounting a small SSD hardrive into my DC, now that there is more room to play with.
Ooo, neat. I just finished dropping in a USB-GDROM + twisted's tray + one 64gb thumb drive, then I called it done. But obviously I had to hand select the 64gb of games, and that's no fun. Are you going to 3d print something to keep it all clean inside? Post some pics!

Ooo, neat. I just finished dropping in a USB-GDROM + twisted's tray + one 64gb thumb drive, then I called it done. But obviously I had to hand select the 64gb of games, and that's no fun. Are you going to 3d print something to keep it all clean inside? Post some pics!
Yeah that's what I was planning. I still have to draw up a design, but it would be nice to have a clean 3D printed solution to get it mounted.

What gauge is that power wire? not trying to be a debbie downer but hat looks sketchy as hell.
Not sure how big the gaugage is, but we are talking about 12V-2A here.. which is way way (way!) less demanding than the 5V-15A requirement of the Arcade PSUs.

there is a part number on the psu conector?
I didn't see any but let me check that closer when I arrive home

Contributed

BTW I contributed for 2 so if someone has an extra Dream PSU they would like to trade for one of these once they are released I'm game.

you might want to ask the campaign owner if he still has some DreamPSUs left.

Not that long ago he had still some.

Back