What's new
I contributed on 2 of these as well, I missed out on the DreamPSU though :(

Nearly 50% backed in the first day... Looks like this will sell even quicker than the DreamPSU.

Got one myself. im sure it's easier to raise these funds after the dreamPSU went off so smoothly.

Someone please educate me in why I would want to buy this?
Don’t really see the point in replacing a fully functional stock Saturn PSU?

It’s not like I play my consoles hours and hours without end just like when I was a kid... ;)

Last edited:
Someone please educate me in why I would want to buy this?
Don’t really see the point in replacing a fully functional stock Saturn PSU?
in my case I have several reasons:

1- removing the GDROM messes up the efficiency of the stock DC PSU, that's why it gets so hot when using GDEMU

2- additional space is a nice thing for the USB-GDROM (HDD)

3- My USBGDROM Dreamcast is NTSC-J

4- My Rhea Saturn is 100V as well

5- PSUs use to be the first thing that fail, spares are always welcome.

6- with two power bricks (9V and 12V) and splitters I can power most of my consoles.

I have been convinced. Has he started letting orders open on his site for the DreamPSU?

Any owners want to give running a Sega NAOMI with the DreamPSU a whack?

And if you are really whacky, want to see if it can drive a NetDimm :D ?

I know that a few people like db electronics had unanswered concerns about these.

I did a couple of days ago - none left, although he is creating a waiting list in case he makes another batch.

Matt

I know that a few people like db electronics had unanswered concerns about these.
Yeah that's why I'm hanging on to mine for a little bit before installing it. I wanna hear more from others who have how their systems are running over time.

Has he started letting orders open on his site for the DreamPSU?
At the moment I don't think he plans to do it.. he is very suggestion-friendly but I'm not sure that there's a business model that justifies the comercialization of a niche product like this..

Buit I would be interested in a PSX/PS2 solution at least. N64 (worst PSU brick ever) would be also nice, but it's "physically/optically" more complex..

Anyway.. my vision is to have a single PSU to rule them all.

Same vision as this: http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=212 but easily maintenable (arcadePSU or PC PSU with modular connectors and/or DC-DC converters at console side)

if the brick has enough amperage, you can feed whatever the brick (and cables!) can..

I share my 9V brick with 5 different consoles, and I used 3 simultaneous consoles without a problem.

My only issue was the polarity inverter cable.. the first one was not able to support all the wattage running through it (before the splitter), was simply too thin and got really hot. I switched it to a thicker one and everything worked like a charm.

True, however I don't need one that powers multiple consoles at the same time, can play only 1 at a time anyways :)

93%!!

Hurry, probably it's the last call to get the Saturn PSU.

Back