What's new
1 day left!!

133%

its-happening-gif.png

Official shop opened!!

So now everyone can order it, in case you missed the campaign.

Link in the original post.

@edit: can someone please move this thread to the console subforum?

Official shop opened!!

So now everyone can order it, in case you missed the campaign.

Link in the original post.

@edit: can someone please move this thread to the console subforum?
Got the email from the dude and placed a preorder for 2 DreamPSU since I missed the campaign for those.

Whoah. I just played with my GDEmu. I can confirm it gets hot as hell in there without the GDROM drive.

yeah... I had the resistor workaround, it helped a bit, but still not an optimal solution.

To install a proper PSU is the way to go.

the stock Dreamcast PSU can be used to power a Sega Naomi so it doesn't go to waste
The Naomi only needs a dedicated PSU if you are using DIMMs (Net/GDROM/CF).
IMO if you are using DIMMs, the entire setup IS in fact waste. :P

True. Won't work for all situations. In my situation, I have a a several NAOMI's and cabs and not enough Capcom I/O's and Sun PSU's. The cab that will be set up to run carts can use the repurposed Dreamcast PSU. The others running DIMM's will run Sun PSU's. Saves me the expense of buying one extra Sun PSU.

HOLY SHIT BRB GUTTING A DREAMCAST!!!
Bruh, don't toss that gutted Dreamcast whatever you do. I'll take it!
I mean... if you seriously need a gutted dreamcast lemme know, I'm pretty sure I have at least 2-3 in my basement with issues (one's controller board is dead but I think I heard they're usually just fuses, one's just fucking noisy so fan replacement should be fine), but they're cheap and plentiful in my area so I can't imagine paying to ship one makes sense.

Dudez I didn't know anyone actually wanted Dreamcast parts like PSUs etc.
I've got three PSUs sitting in a box right now just taking up space.

I've also got one white shell (gave my black one to @werejag) and one GDROM left (gave one to @SmokeMonster and the other to a local buddy).
I ended up with all this scrap because when my original motherboard died I bought another DC just for its board.
Only after I opened it, turned out to be the rare first gen with metal fan and wacky GDROM connector (so I couldn't use it with my GDEmu).
So I then got another one, only this time all was well.

What I don't have is extra motherboards, mine OG died, the replacement is in use and the wacky first gen pissed me off so much I smashed it into tiny pieces with a hammer.

smashed a prized va0 dc?
I don't know what that is. Educate me please. But nah, Dreamcast is my fave console of all time. I still play the heck out of it. I am sure when I am waaaaaay old, they will crap out and at least I have parts boards to pick parts from.

on bottom of the drreamcast ntsc/us version next to the ntsc test there will always be a circle with number in it. this is the version of dreamcast. it will be 0,1,or 2

0 is japan systems with heat pipes and metal fan. re-regioned to usa bios, launch edition dreamcast
1 is most common (gdremu etc use this )
2 late anti warez edition and cost saving edition (gdrom electronics moved to mobo)

so it va0 va1 va2

va0 with a va2 antiwarez bios. refurbished by sega.

i also have afew more but that one is weird

Back