What's new
someone can say me if is it good power supply system? Better vs a homemade pico psu?

I have two DC PSUs, one with GDEMU and one with GDUSB.. it works perfectly in both.

Pico PSU should work as well, but the installation is not as clean.

The Saturn PSU is still not available, the guy detected some issues while testing and is trying to find the source problem before sending the final product.

I'm running the DreamPSU with a USB GD-ROM and it's been running perfectly. Easy install too. I don't see a reason to use a homemade PicoPSU hack when this thing saves you a lot of time and hassle.

the dreampsu is cleaner, more compact, since it plugs directly in the psu pins:

aRm4uXa.jpg

@deibit i think wee need to talk when my dream psu and GD USB arrive - how is the HDD connected?

Very sexy setup, is that @'twistedsymphony'' 's enclosure?

NIce just missing new battery support and HDMI cable (AKURA, VGA to HDMI...) What's 2.5 to usb adpter used?

the dreampsu is cleaner, more compact, since it plugs directly in the psu pins:
Sure, I can see the cleanliness of it tbh. If the one I linked has anything going for it is that it is slightly cheaper with a power brick too.

Granted even I'm leaning to the Saturn PSU and the ease of installation.

What is that tray you have in the DC? Is that one of twisted's that's been cut?

@deibit Thanks for posting about this, I was wondering what to do about my power supply ever since I installed the USB-GD Controller

ok, I also jumped the wagon on this and ordered both a Dreampsu and Saturnpsu, now the wait begins....

Any recommended PSU to run them with?

Over on his blog he seems to be having a bit of a nightmare with manufacturing.

Did these designs ever get looked over by an Electronic Engineer? If I remember correctly he was just a hobbyist.

He doesn't manufacture anything, he designs the boards and the boards are produced externally.

According to the blog, the Saturn board failed QA test (prototype worked correctly), so seems that something was messed up while manufacturing.

I have a lot of respect for electronic engineers, but you dont need to be an electronic engineer to design a DC-DC converter PCB that uses standard components..

Back