What's new
I went in for 2x Saturn PSU on the campaign plus I purchased 2x DreamPSU thru his page, sot thats like $220-230 in the trash right now for me.

CCCPTPSWMAITuJj.jpg

Shit just doesnt make sense! He collected nearly $14K through the campaign. God knows how much thru his site. So between paying the china fab plant, parts, and issuing refunds, he is out of $$$ now.

He wont say which manufacturer took our $$ because his lawyer advised him not to??? So he has $$ to pay a lawyer? Now, shouldnt he report that XXXX $$$ was stolen by this manufacturer? Basically, since he knows he is getting nowhere/nothing back from them what does he care about making the info on these guys known? Why hasnt he released copies of all the emails between him and them? Etc... Is he afraid that they will sue him or something, if he is being truthful about the events?? I want him to show proof of what steps he is taking against the manufacturer, since they are in breach of their contract, I sure he can file some type of claim, wire fraud, etc...as i am sure he wired the $$ to them.

Another point, he was smart enough to do monthly updates on indiegogo (even though he was dealing with mental illness). According to Indiegogo's rules/contract, afaik, if he missed doing monthly updates the backers could have ultimately sue both indiegogo and him to get a refund back on the project.

And no, Im not being insensitive to the guy, nor am I lacking in empathy here. This is just real talk peeps.

Ok, rant over. At this point I would not give him another dime, If he has spare parts, let him send those over to me, give me all the files I need to make my own boards and call it a day, move on.

PS - Unrelated :P - Those of you that buy through Buyee, and pay with paypal, check your paypal and bank statements, apparently they had some type of "glitch" at some point (either Buyee or Paypal) where they charged me the same invoice twice and both them and paypal did not catch it. My bank called me up to verify that both charges were accurate since they were about 3 minutes apart for the same exact amount and from the same merchant through paypal.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested in buying two if someone makes them. I ordered two from the saturnpsu campaign, but it doesn't look like they'll ever materialize...

I need to have 2 Dreamcast and 2 Saturns made at least. So lets see if we get a group order thing going, might make it lower cost for all of us than ordering stuff individually.

Don't look too difficult at all. What was the price per unit. Gotta see if I can make it worth my time after pricing everything out.

I need to have 2 Dreamcast and 2 Saturns made at least. So lets see if we get a group order thing going, might make it lower cost for all of us than ordering stuff individually.
If @Mitsurugi-w will have enough time to make a batch of those PSU's replacements, it's the best way instead to print those pcb-s in China. I will grab 1 x Dreamcast and 1 x Saturn .

@Derick2k - can you make a list for a group order ?

I've got my Dream, but I would like to get a Saturn if a group order is done

Don't look too difficult at all. What was the price per unit. Gotta see if I can make it worth my time after pricing everything out.
For the Saturn PSU he had $50 retail, but there were early-tier levels for $40 and $45. Quantity discounts for 2/3/4 around 15% off. DreamPSU was $40 retail with similar early tiers and quantity discounts.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dreampsu-making-your-dreamcast-cool-again/x/1180377#/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/saturnpsu-sega-saturn-replacement-power-supply/x/1180377#/

If you want me to, I can post a link on ingiegogo too.

i paid for two saturn PSUs but I got now one covered with a PicoPSU. So I would have interest in 1.

If @Mitsurugi-w will have enough time to make a batch of those PSU's replacements, it's the best way instead to print those pcb-s in China. I will grab 1 x Dreamcast and 1 x Saturn .
@Derick2k - can you make a list for a group order ?
I can, but lets wait to hear back from @Mitsurugi-w if he is going to do these Im sure there is definite interest for these. Every on that wants any of these please post up.

Wasn't planning to, don't really see the point. I've a few Saturn and DC consoles and have never had an issue with their power supplies.

As Frank said, I've never had an issue with the included PSU. I'd be happy to make a few if there was interest

I've never had an issue with my consoles either. Just curious and always down to support the cause.

The 110 to 240 mod you did on my Dreamcasts was great @xodaraP -- I just have to remove some parts now to stop them getting too hot due to no load on the CD drive!

Back