Pinned Taito F3 Roll-Up Pack: All roms for the F3 kit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SmokeMonster wrote:

Would it be possible to add this patch option to rtw's tool's output command?
      I think his purpose for doing these was to have them as untouched as possible except where protection had to be defeated. The hacks to bypass the test menu when switching games is only necessary to avoid an annoyance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, @rtw.
    • udongein wrote:

Hey rtw, I'm having issues running your utility. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I modified the .cmd file to look like this:
      f364.exe pbobble2j

-----
      I have a folder called pbobble2j with all the rom files taken from the MAME (unmerged) pack in I:\f364\pbobble2j\
      it contains 13 files, 10.5 MB (11,010,048 bytes).
      I also have the zip of the ROMs at I:\f364\pbobble2j.zip just in case.

I get the following error when running the utility:

I:\f364>f364.exe pbobble2j
      e10-11.20 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-10.19 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-09.18 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-08.17 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-02.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-01.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-07.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-06.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-05.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-12.32 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-13.33 NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-04.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      e10-03.rom NOT FOUND (tried in pbobble2j pbobble2 pbobble2j)
      Fatal error: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
      @rtw will confirm but I think you may be using an old romsets....
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • @SmokeMonster, the menu patches cannot be generically/automatically applied to all sets. As I said the only sets I have included are the ones which check for magic EEPROM values and will not work without.

@udongein, you need a valid MAME 191/192 set. Then you just put f364.exe in the same catalog as the mame executable and run the generate.cmd script. The program will generate a directory structure like this f3/games/game_name
      The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
    • rtw wrote:

Out of the 97 games listed 2 do not work:

. scfinals requires a protection fix.
      . Kirameki Star Road does not work. TAITO stepped up
      their protection here and added some extra protection
      to the Ensoniq banks. Feel free to fix this and I will add
      it to the next version.
      Ah, so this is why Kirameki is missing from the multi set available here. It's a shame. I really like it. So much so, I got the cartridge, but it sure would be nice to have it on the multi, with no need to swap.
    • Mitsurugi-w wrote:

From what I have been told Kirameki uses twice as much sound data as every other F3 title. The game can be made to work most likely but half of the audio will be missing if/when it is made available.
      So what you're saying is that even with the protection out of the way, the F3 multi wouldn't be able to handle the game because of its size? Or at least audio's size? Too bad. Kirameki's soundtrack is one of its highlights.
    • Morden wrote:

Mitsurugi-w wrote:

From what I have been told Kirameki uses twice as much sound data as every other F3 title. The game can be made to work most likely but half of the audio will be missing if/when it is made available.
      So what you're saying is that even with the protection out of the way, the F3 multi wouldn't be able to handle the game because of its size? Or at least audio's size? Too bad. Kirameki's soundtrack is one of its highlights.
      Yes. The multi does not have enough memory for the sound in this one game. Sorry to say. :(
    • Mitsurugi-w wrote:

Yes. The multi does not have enough memory for the sound in this one game. Sorry to say. :(
      I don't think there is a memory issue.

The bank memory is stored at location: 41-40-39-38 each one of these slots takes 2MiB normally.

So the multi has room for 8MiB of data, 4 MiB at 10 and 4 MiB at 11.

Kirameki has 8MiB of ensoniq bank data however it might need to be interleaved to get it to run.

@Morden can you please snap a hi-res picture of the PCB inside your Kirameki cart, I want to take a look at the mapping done there ?
      The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
    • rtw wrote:

@Morden can you please snap a hi-res picture of the PCB inside your Kirameki cart, I want to take a look at the mapping done there ?

Sure. I'll do it later today, when I get home. As niche as this game is, I'd love to see it on the multi, if at all possible. As long as it's the full game, anyway. The vast majority of it is quiz questions, but there are mini-games as well, like repeat the input pattern and so on. Good artwork, too. I might be too old for cutesy anime teens now, but I still have a soft spot for this title.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morden: Editing quotes on this forum is a hot mess, unless you do it in BBCode. ().

• Here's the photo of the Kirameki board. I hope the relevant things are legible.

drive.google.com/file/d/1UtC-B…ia8WHcyp/view?usp=sharing

I don't know if it's in any way relevant, but there are two jumper wires soldered to the bottom of the board. One is connecting pins 1 and 32 of IC51 [E44-21], and the other, really short one, links a leg of the 104 E5Z cap at C152 with pin 15 of ACT157 right under it [IC54].

I had to remove the security sticker to open up the cart, so it's safe to say the board was made that way by Taito themselves. If you'd like me to take some additional photos, just let me know.

Now, after having me open my previously unopened cartridge, you guys have to get this game to work! You owe me! ;)
    • @Morden Thanks for sharing info on your cart! :thumbup:

Also, where did you get those controller storage cases?? Look very cool.

Wanted: PCBs - Batsugun, Battle Garegga, Battle Bakraid
      Other stuff - 19" Monitor/chassis and/or WG K7000 Chassis
      Vewlix Shipping Brackets (2x sets of the red ones would be nice)
      High End Headphones/Desktop Headphone Amps/DACs as well.
      If you have any of these for sale/trade let me know :thumbup:
    • rtw wrote:

@Morden thanks for the picture, nice and detailed.

The patches you describe do not apply to the ENSONIQ BANKS.

I see that there is a new PAL in play as well. D77-20.
      I guess that pal will be at jammarcade.net

If not we need it dumped. Luckily for us taito didn't prkt3ct the pals on their taito f3 carts so they can be read out with any eprom reader.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Derick2k wrote:

@Morden Thanks for sharing info on your cart! :thumbup:

Also, where did you get those controller storage cases?? Look very cool.

They're the packaging for locally produced teacakes. I eat the contents and keep the boxes. They're perfect for 95% of all controllers, some exceptions being the big classic Xbox controller, or the Jaguar gamepad.

As for the PAL on the Kirameki board, the only solder sucker I have SUCKS, but not in a good way. Would it be possible to dump it soldered to the board, by attaching mini grabbers to the pins and running Dupont wires to the programmer? Also, the only programmer I have on hand is the Mini Pro. I have an old Willem, but no old computer I can connect it to.