What's new
I blasted the plastic tab AND pins totally out with a Drumel tool... Fucking gone!
l5DdVL9.jpg

That's how MEN do it! :D
"wiggle back and forth with pliers" hehe don't forget to change that tampon while your at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I let all pins in the mb ... in this way @Hammy could help me and makes the motheboard working again !

Before :

After :

But before to have problems with my motherboard, when ive made my motherboard region free ive watched on this video as reference ✌️

Last edited:
Jassin000 is the man :)

I agree with the point about having the right tools. I ordered smaller pliers and cutters so will have another go today with Kman's method, when they arrive.

It depends on the MB and connector, not all are the same. Some aren't a brittle hard plastic but rather a soft and flexible plastic that doesn't snap away cleanly.

having done like 45 boards i couldnt get most of them to snap like that i had to dremel them

Pliers worked fine for me. The plastic on mine was soft-ish too. I rocked the pliers back and forth then twisted and they all snapped off with ease.

I've only modded two but one was clearly very different and not as straight forward to cleanly snap the tabs off. Speaking to others revealed similar experiences.

I actually messed up the very first tab I pulled. It came off cleanly, but in two parts. The advice I can give is, grab the tab from the very base. Otherwise you're just bending the plastic. Grab it from one end, rock it, then move to the middle, rock it, then move to the other end, and rock it. Rinse and repeat. Don't pull on it, it won't come out with force. If you hear an audible snap at any point, it will probably just come off. Take your time. I'm positive it's still going to be faster than Dremeling the pins.

Yeah I agree, pliers is the way to go.

I got really small side cutter and long nose pliers which arrived today. Cut the plastic between pins then twisted plastic off, which worked fine. Some of the pins from my earlier efforts needed straightening which was the most fiddly bit, but finally did this and attached the multi. All working now :)

Main learning is to get small pliers. Right tools for the job etc.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I blasted the plastic tab AND pins totally out with a Drumel tool... Fucking gone!
Question... are the pins needed with the multi? I can see trying to keep them, but per Jassin000's note if it is ok to just blow them away, would be good to know.

Well, didn’t even end up mattering. Plastic just snapped clean off with my needle nose pliers. But thanks for the response as always @jassin000.

Back