What's new

Darkfighter101

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am Dark, or Ben I respond to both. I am a huge naomi fan. I came to this forum because of a friend recommending it to me.

I have always been a huge fan of the Sega Naomi, especially Crazy Taxi. When I was 16 my local pizza parlor went out of business and everything inside was being sold. For a $150 I got a working Crazy Taxi booth and various naomi cables and i/o mistakenly given to me from another cabinet. My mother is still mad at me for having a full sit down cabinet in her garage.

I have always loved video games. Mostly I have been a nintendo fan but the dreamcast is another beloved console of mine. The aesthetic and early 3d of the Dreamcast is what drew me to it. Eventually I spread my love of the dreamcast to the Naomi. I have my Crazy Taxi Cabinet and a consolized naomi 2 with a Capcom jamma i/o connected to a super gun with kick harness for buttons 4-6. I am using piforce to net boot games to the naomi 2.

As for now I am a broke Electrical Engineering student and cabinets and boards are not cheap. My love of modding consoles is what lead me to pursue Electrical engineering, I will be specializing in Digital and analogue systems.

I hope to help the community in the future by developing my own hacks however my knowledge is currently limited.

I hope one day to have a chihiro and triforce in addition to my naomi to fill out my trilogy. I also hope to get a sit down naomi universal cabinet from Japan (the shipping is the same regardless of having the internals or not so I may just save up and buy a game and convert it to use piforce). I also hope I one day learn how to make a proper blog post.

I am happy to be part of the community and hope to contribute more soon.

welcome!

You know, many consider Naomis, Chihiros, Triforces, s246/S256, TX1s/2.. Etc... A shame for the arcade culture and not part of it...

I used to think like that, but now I enjoy playing with everything with a display and CPU.. :D

Back