What's new
what is thne tittle name anyways for us stupid americans to know

Last edited:
a bit sad loss in term of preservation, but in general - it looks like one of kidde prize games, "tap single button to win" type, like that Sonic *** prize of popcorn games added to MAME not a long ago. so, not a big loss in gaming term.

a bit sad loss in term of preservation, but in general - it looks like one of kidde prize games, "tap single button to win" type, like that Sonic *** prize of popcorn games added to MAME not a long ago. so, not a big loss in gaming term.
call me a sentimental but we need them all preserved :thumbsup:

what is thne tittle name anyways for us stupid americans to know
Kamishibai ga hajimaru yo ("The paper play is about to begin")

Kamishibai is the traditional Japanese paper play that was popular in the 30s and 40s.

which kind of insights
impossible to know until you have it.

which kind of .. other games
other Atomiswave Games.

Maybe it uses a slightly different or a slightly less protected implementation of the custom chips that allows you to understand better how they communicate in other games? Maybe it uses a different style cartridge that opens the door to an easier solution for a multicart? You can't tell me you don't see these potentials with each new undumped game?

Super awesome to see another unknown Atomiswave title; even though we missed out on it.

Last month or so I managed to snag another AW item we had not seen before:

aw-net1.jpg

No special firmware, just a stock router with a fancy case. Cool piece for the collection though :D

Maybe it uses a slightly different or a slightly less protected implementation of the custom chips that allows you to understand better how they communicate in other games? Maybe it uses a different style cartridge that opens the door to an easier solution for a multicart? You can't tell me you don't see these potentials with each new undumped game?
But your speculation doesnt have any supporting evidence whatsoever. Keep in mind there is a very short list of people who understand Atomiswave, and MetalliC is at the top of the list :P

There isn't much we dont know about Atomiswave currently, and the remaining mystery pieces of information are also still a mystery on Dreamcast and Naomi too.

HI :

Very interesting, is this similar to how most of the multi carts have been decripted by actually seeing the makeup of the individual chips. Then from taking the dumps and having the actual circuit logic displayed out you have made these carts? So to speak? Also has anyone decripted all the stv carts or was a generic cart used. I read that decathlete and the batman forever are the only games without sound. From the STV thread as stated in it.
I have been only collecting so far and have not played a single title or tested any. Could someone enlighten me roughly; if i am on the right track or put it in laymans terms. As stated before I have a very poxy internet connection currently due to NBN rollover so my access is limited. Hopefully you can understand this query.

Regards
Euphoria

HI :

Oh good night. Great work, very lovely. We can only aspire to such greatness. Show us a glimpse and perhaps we can get involved.

Regards
Euphoria

Hi :

Having a good think about what I said. Hmmm mabey I am too hasty.
Butting out. I need to crawl before I can walk. What you are achieving is amazing.

Regards
Euphoria
^^

This is very cool Brizzo! I just bought an AW and am looking for a way to buy some new games (without spending $xxxx!). Keep up the good work and please post an update!

This is very cool Brizzo! I just bought an AW and am looking for a way to buy some new games (without spending $xxxx!). Keep up the good work and please post an update!
Buying chinese copies might be the way to go. They seem to work the same as originals (Samurai Shodown being the only exception AFAIK) and are way cheaper for obvious reasons. It was the only way I could afford Metal Slug 6, and it works fine for what I want it.

Chinese boots are fine, with the exception of SS6 And I think there's some differences in the way Metal Slug 6 behaves from what I've read, but games like Rumble Fish 2 aren't available.

I have some of the originals for the Atomiswave but I'm really excited to see these cancelled games making their way into the system finally! And hopefully some of the rarer/more expensive games may become available for more people to play too :)

It's great work from all involved :)

Buying chinese copies might be the way to go. They seem to work the same as originals (Samurai Shodown being the only exception AFAIK) and are way cheaper for obvious reasons. It was the only way I could afford Metal Slug 6, and it works fine for what I want it.
Thanks, but believe it or not, I'm having a hard time finding the boots! DB and MS6 boots are over $150 now! I'm contact some companies in China now, but most sold them out at $30 each years ago and there isn't another run planned.

The quicker Brizzo figures things out, maybe repros can be done cheap(er). Of course a multi-cart would be best... :P

Back