What's new
@brizzo Do you have any interest on other systems proto?
Do you have any clue of where the proto of the Examu Ex-board game "Monster Ancient Cline" can be?

I'd love to play this game someday. The Ex-board proto looks so much better than the PC version.

Darksoft STV Multi
Darksoft CPS2 Multi
Darksoft CPS3 SuperBios
Darksoft MultiMVS
Darksoft F3 Multi
Darksoft Deco Multi

Apocalypse System C-2 Multi
Apocalypse System 24 Multi
Apocalypse System 16 Multi
Apocalypse M72 Multi

Brizzo Crystal System Multi
Brizzo System 2x6 Multi-Dongle

Niko Type X2 Multi
Niko RingEdge2 Multi
RTW Type X Multi

Hammy NA System Multi

Various Lindbergh Multis
G-Net CF Mod
Various Netboot solutions for NAOMI/NAOMI2/Chihiro/Triforce

Even with that long list I'm sure I'm forgetting some... There is plenty for you to play with :P

I also know of a few other projects from different people that haven't been publicly announced because of all this uh... "enthusiasm"

Last edited:
These are just around the corner:
Darksoft Namco System 1 Multi
Darksoft CPS1 Multi

These are posted somewhere:
Sega Lindbergh Multi (Darksoft?)
Type X Multi (RTW?)

There is also some type of X3 multi floating around the interwebs.

Pretty sure there are more either released or in the works.

Me smashing all Netdimm and GD related emulators :rolleyes:

Mario-Hammer-Smash.jpg

Bump!

So @brizzo, what is the purpose of the Romeo chip sitting in the Expansion I/O Cartridge?

2F214209-49E3-4B65-BABE-0B5F9C4200A1.jpeg

Attachments

• 6862BEBD-DFD9-489F-BB63-3BC80601A395.jpeg
    6862BEBD-DFD9-489F-BB63-3BC80601A395.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 186
@MetalliC So it is essentially doing the work of 2x the Sega 315-6125 / 315-6275 Maple Bus controllers present in standard Dreamcast peripherals?

Has anyone looking into adding Dreamcast controller ports in lieu of the Expansion I/O?
My understanding is simply that this cartridge adds analog peripherals to Maple bus 3&4 - where does the, 'well, yes, but it's much more difficult than that' occur?

So it is essentially doing the work of 2x the Sega 315-6125 / 315-6275 Maple Bus controllers present in standard Dreamcast peripherals?
yes, but unlike DC peripherals each of them might be configured to 1 of 3 Maple device class - gamepad, light gun or positional device (i.e. trackball).

yes, I think there is high chances if connect DC gamepads they will work in 3-4 player joystick games.

@MetalliC I hadn't considered 3-4 player, but I've seen the Guilty Gear 3/4 player adapter board and it makes use of all the Expansion I/O connections...
That would suggest that Romeo can identify any of the above maple class devices and pass data down 2x Data1 / Data2 / Sense lines to the 60-pin CN2 connector.

If we identified those outputs, could we wire up a Dreamcast port there instead?

If we identified those outputs, could we wire up a Dreamcast port there instead?
yes, I think there is high chances if connect DC gamepads they will work in 3-4 player joystick games.
and only for player 3 and 4, because Maple ports A and B (player 1 and 2 inputs in joystick games) wired to 2nd Romeo chip at mobo

PS if its still not clear:
AW mobo have 2 Romeo ICs
- 1st handle cart access, encryption, protection, etc.
- 2nd wired to Maple ports A and B and provide player 1/2 inputs, (it is also wired to G2 bus and have there few more registers for coin inputs, GP out, and Maple devices class/type selection).

Ext.IO cartridge basically adds one more "2nd" Romeo IC wired to Maple ports C and D, players 3/4 inputs

Last edited:
Kenju and Force Five are released on the web, still no news for this project?

Back