What's new

muell67

Student
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure something out on and off for the last month or so and I'm not coming up with a straight answer. I'm thinking It might take learning French to figure it out. I have a typex2 running nikos multi on a 128gb ssd in my vewlix F (Many Thanks to Niko for making this. Its awesome) . Nikos multi image is only 60gb so I expanded this to so I could make use of the entire 128gb. Now here is the question what is everyone doing with the extra space on there drives? I have read several references to people saying there drives were almost full with games. I have every game that I know of that is supported by the multi and still have plenty of room. So what other games can be added? I know mame can be but I'm not interested in that I have a separate cabinet for mame. I have the nesica games and a launcher for windows but I suppose I would need a different launcher to make them work on a x2 with jvs. So what else can I do without breaking the games I currently have in the multi?

I could be mistaken but I think some folks have extra games that are effectively in-current-operation. As in, someone is still making money from them -- NesicaXLive is still being supported by Taito.

I'd imagine when that stops being the case, Niko will add support of those games to his multi. You'll still need a fast io though which most x2's don't have by default.

So for now just enjoy the multi as-is and wait a couple years until it's off the market.

Some other folks just have different versions of those same games perhaps? That could eat up space also.

You won't need a fast IO. I was a tester for Niko's newest version with Nesica support. It won't be released until Nesica is discontinued, however.

@Niko - could you resent the Nesica tester invite. I think that mine and Jus7Chris invite ended up in the "junk" box :P

Testing is over and all prototype SSDs were returned to Niko for destruction. :(

@Niko - could you resent the Nesica tester invite. I think that mine and Jus7Chris invite ended up in the "junk" box :P
I mean if you wanted it to work that badly you can set it up via other methods.
jvs --> Kb
KB --> Fio
isn't prefect but it dose work.

I mean if you wanted it to work that badly you can set it up via other methods.jvs --> Kb
KB --> Fio
isn't prefect but it dose work.
I missed the boat to download the games when they were available to download on those other sites.

Is there an (gu)estimate for when the support for Nesica will stop? can't wait :P

Ok sounds like I just need to wait. I thought I might be missing out on something.
Anyone want to start a petition to get Taito to stop supporting Nesica.

Like mentioned above, I wont add support the Nesica games until after Taito retires NesicaXLive.

I initially thought Taito would have retired the service shortly after NesicaXLive2 was announced but they didnt. Infact games are still being added to Nesica with the most recent having been added Yesterday.

For the new game release ( and possible future releases ), Taito sent operators a new drive and dongle claiming the drives where running out of space. More than likely this was to add new protection to the drives and game due to the leak.

I promise, once its retired you will be able to play everything. So just hang tight :)

Are you connected to Taito Nesica server from France and watch all new games still coming or you read somewhere ? Just curious

Does anyone have a list of games released for NesicaXLive after the leak?

it is not that hard to find, I think I've seen the stuff on some French forum, and also on Youtube there is some 'how to make this run on your PC guide'

it is not that hard to find, I think I've seen the stuff on some French forum, and also on Youtube there is some 'how to make this run on your PC guide'
Now I'm not 100% sure what Tokyo meant with your reply, but personally I meant games released to the Nesica platform after the leak. Like USFIV, KOFIV, etc. Even if those are technically NesicaxLive2.

Back