What's new
According to his blog, "The Guru" is planning on selling reproduction Trackball interface PCB's for the System32. Sega Sonic and Where's Wally are the only two PCB's that I know of that use the Trackball I/O. If I'm not mistaken, Sega Sonic's I/O is the only one that does 3 trackballs (Wally only does 2).

Given the Guru's recent dodgy sales tactics however, I don't know if I can advise buying one directly off of him. Possibly if they are distributed through a 3rd party store it would be safe(er).
Recent?

I'd ordered several "good condition working" boards from him a couple years ago, got them, only one works fully, and the other two were bowed a ridiculous amount, one with no controls, the other stripes in the background gfx layer. I didn't realize PCB's could bend so badly until buying from him. I might still have pics, I'll have to look.

There's a reason he doesn't accept PayPal, and I doubt it's everyone else scamming him or whatever the reasoning was on the site.

I'm glad he dumps stuff for preservation, his blog is sometimes useful, but in my book he's a shady (at best) seller.

What dodgy sales tactics?
Selling boards as "untested" when they are clearly missing customs.

BTW, I'll buy that Spider-man B-board if the OP is looking for the larger one (to convert into Sonic).

Not to completely derail this thread...

Guru sold my friend a Fire Shark, at the going rate price (which is not cheap). The board arrived with the custom Toaplan audio IC missing. The game was rendered inoperable, only possibility of repair would be to pull the IC from another Fire Shark board. It was sold as working. Sadly, from what I've heard from others, this wasn't an isolated incident.

You need the long roms for the GA2 though!
Oh? I thought Spidey WAS a candidate, guess not.
You know I've actually purchased a few Sys32 B-boards now just trying to get that "long" version.

It's not been easy for me to find, and I'm still sorta looking on occasion.
In this case I don't think a multi would make any since... IMO ONLY two good games on S32 are Spider-man and Golden Axe 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jassin000 Well if he doesn't trade me for his spidey then I have one (j league). I'll keep an eye out for you too!

According to his blog, "The Guru" is planning on selling reproduction Trackball interface PCB's for the System32. Sega Sonic and Where's Wally are the only two PCB's that I know of that use the Trackball I/O. If I'm not mistaken, Sega Sonic's I/O is the only one that does 3 trackballs (Wally only does 2).

Given the Guru's recent dodgy sales tactics however, I don't know if I can advise buying one directly off of him. Possibly if they are distributed through a 3rd party store it would be safe(er).
attention : sir"s

If you need a hand with this let me know, I can extricate a deal if you wish.
I believe he is here in Western Australia.
What's the go with this seller ? He just seems a little high on price to me?
I was chasing a batman forever pcb a while ago from him. But the answers were vague at best?
Hence why I am still looking for that item. :(

Regards
Euphoria

edit: seems like all 1mb roms should be burned as Non JEDEC for these conversions. Just converted Golden Axe world 317-0120 / set 3 to a 5704 board. A6/A8/A14/A15/A16 all took non JEDEC 27c1000's. Gonna try Aurail next to see about the B roms.
Are you sure of that? I haven't followed the whole thread but I think I replaced a faulty mask ROM by a 27C010 on a Golden Axe board (chip @11, romset "317-0120").

Hi :

FYI update, waiting for the guru still to sell those trackball i/o cards.
Let you know of a possible trade xordarap.

Regards
Euphoria
:love:
Non guru waiting and meditating

edit: seems like all 1mb roms should be burned as Non JEDEC for these conversions. Just converted Golden Axe world 317-0120 / set 3 to a 5704 board. A6/A8/A14/A15/A16 all took non JEDEC 27c1000's. Gonna try Aurail next to see about the B roms.
Are you sure of that? I haven't followed the whole thread but I think I replaced a faulty mask ROM by a 27C010 on a Golden Axe board (chip @11, romset "317-0120").
That was my first thought, but later it became apparent that only certain roms needed to be non-jedec (here's that post).

@Euphoria I think Guru is going to release the files instead of making his own board, so you can have one printed up at OSHPark as build it yourself. I don't know the timing though.

I'm starting to have a deeper look into S16 and found desuicided sets don't have their checksum fixed. What kind of job is that?
Is it my source or others have also noticed this?
Also according to MAME there's an OG version of Golden Axe reporting 2 bad ROMs...

I noticed the jumpers for MVP weren't listed in MAME and I've got an MVP board that I'm planning on converting to Cotton.

This is MVP (Japan)
ROM BOARD 171-5704
FD1094: 317-0142

These are the jumpers:
S2 S3 S6 S7 S9
S11 S13 S15 S17

Also A5-A8 uses AM27C100-155 EPROMs and A10 is a 27c256-15 the rest are Mask ROMs

Last edited:
Which rom board and CPU? @rtw got some added for me, maybe he can get that submitted.

Back