System 16B Conversion Help

• cpsystem3 wrote:

According to his blog, "The Guru" is planning on selling reproduction Trackball interface PCB's for the System32. Sega Sonic and Where's Wally are the only two PCB's that I know of that use the Trackball I/O. If I'm not mistaken, Sega Sonic's I/O is the only one that does 3 trackballs (Wally only does 2).

Given the Guru's recent dodgy sales tactics however, I don't know if I can advise buying one directly off of him. Possibly if they are distributed through a 3rd party store it would be safe(er).
      Recent?

I'd ordered several "good condition working" boards from him a couple years ago, got them, only one works fully, and the other two were bowed a ridiculous amount, one with no controls, the other stripes in the background gfx layer. I didn't realize PCB's could bend so badly until buying from him. I might still have pics, I'll have to look.

There's a reason he doesn't accept PayPal, and I doubt it's everyone else scamming him or whatever the reasoning was on the site.

I'm glad he dumps stuff for preservation, his blog is sometimes useful, but in my book he's a shady (at best) seller.
      Cabs: 1x Cyberlead II, 1x Mini Cute, 1x Neo 19, 1x MVS-U4, 1x Vewlix F, 1x Vewlix Dia, 1x Sega City, 1x Jubeat, 1x WMMT3, 1x Egret 2, 1x Puzzles & Dragons Battle Tournament, 1x Groover Coaster 2, 1x Megalo 410 (en route).

On the hunt for: Point Blank dedicated, Sega Mini Cab, 2 NAC, 2 AWSD, Naomi Upright Gun Cabinets.
    • xodaraP wrote:

This is the first I've heard of this - that's not cool :(
      I had a fine transaction with Guru, fwiw.

@jassin000 I thought you had a Spider-Man already?
      have multi: cps2 cps3 ttx2 naomi(netboot) st-v gnet f3 mvs
      want multi: cps1 pgm 246/256 system16/18/32/c2 naomi(cart) m92 atomiswave
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): f#%@ing system 18 motherboard outputs blue instead of black
    • Not to completely derail this thread...

Guru sold my friend a Fire Shark, at the going rate price (which is not cheap). The board arrived with the custom Toaplan audio IC missing. The game was rendered inoperable, only possibility of repair would be to pull the IC from another Fire Shark board. It was sold as working. Sadly, from what I've heard from others, this wasn't an isolated incident.
    • jassin000 wrote:

ekorz wrote:

I thought you had a Spider-Man already?
      I do, but I need another Sys32 sac board for Golden Axe 2 conversion. ;)
      I owned a legit USA Golden Axe 2 B-board, but I traded it to @cpsystem3 for CPS3 SuperBIOS cart and SIMMs.
      You need the long roms for the GA2 though!
    • ekorz wrote:

You need the long roms for the GA2 though!
      Oh? I thought Spidey WAS a candidate, guess not.
      You know I've actually purchased a few Sys32 B-boards now just trying to get that "long" version.

It's not been easy for me to find, and I'm still sorta looking on occasion.
      In this case I don't think a multi would make any since... IMO ONLY two good games on S32 are Spider-man and Golden Axe 2.
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• @jassin000 Well if he doesn't trade me for his spidey then I have one (j league). I'll keep an eye out for you too!
    • cpsystem3 wrote:

According to his blog, "The Guru" is planning on selling reproduction Trackball interface PCB's for the System32. Sega Sonic and Where's Wally are the only two PCB's that I know of that use the Trackball I/O. If I'm not mistaken, Sega Sonic's I/O is the only one that does 3 trackballs (Wally only does 2).

Given the Guru's recent dodgy sales tactics however, I don't know if I can advise buying one directly off of him. Possibly if they are distributed through a 3rd party store it would be safe(er).
      attention : sir"s

If you need a hand with this let me know, I can extricate a deal if you wish.
      I believe he is here in Western Australia.
      What's the go with this seller ? He just seems a little high on price to me?
      I was chasing a batman forever pcb a while ago from him. But the answers were vague at best?
      Hence why I am still looking for that item. :(

Regards
      Euphoria