What's new
I tried it today.

The missing sound is back. But I think it is not really stereo. When I disconnect one of the chinch cables then there is no difference in sound. And when I do balance full to left side at my tv then it just gets more silent. On left balance. On right it stays the same.

Will the amped sound do any harm to my TV set If i just try it without line converter?

Thanks

if you turn the volume way down you can use the amplified output

the problem with the F3 is that the volume is controlled digitally, not with a volume knob. As such I've found when switching games the volume get set high again and you'd risk damaging your TV. So, for the F3 at least, simply turning down the volume isn't a suitable option IMO.

Thank you.

I will try the audio converter

Need to find the connectors for the s connection first

i just tested my line converter yesterday.

wired it up as shown in the Manuals of kaiser knuckle or puzzle bobble.

but the result is that tere is only Sound on channel L.

tested with gunlock in Sound test menu all samples with line l turned down and only line R active.

there was noch single sample to give a tone.

this is strange

@RGB

Does the HAS attenuate the volume of boards that only have speaker level audio output, like F3? If so, that would be a solution that takes care of this and your future boards.

Hey, the HAS attenuates the speaker level audio, but only mono, so the JAMMA pin #10 (speaker "+"), it doesn't touch pin #L (speaker "-"). Hardyhell owns a HAS, but he didn't get certain sound effects in Twin Cobra II, and I believe this was because the F3 outputs them via JAMMA pin #L.

Hey, the HAS attenuates the speaker level audio, but only mono, so the JAMMA pin #10 (speaker "+"), it doesn't touch pin #L (speaker "-"). Hardyhell owns a HAS, but he didn't get certain sound effects in Twin Cobra II, and I believe this was because the F3 outputs them via JAMMA pin #L.
What his F3 setup to output Mono audio instead of Stereo?

I can't recall if it's even possible to set the F3 to output mono or stereo.

@hardyhell - I think it will be easier to troubleshoot if you told us which pins of the S connector did you try, just to cross check.

I'll try to check the F3 on my end today.

I can't recall if it's even possible to set the F3 to output mono or stereo.
I thought it was in the system menu but looking at a few manuals it seems not (t least not on some games). Seems strange to me that a JAMMA game wouldn't have a mono sound option.

sorry for the delay.

i tested some stuff.

soldered the line converter like this.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/P/Puzzle Bobble 4.pdf

Picture page 4.

when is use the Adapter from you @RGB

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/620/31819959315_af77398ecb.jpg

and grab the Sound from the line converter the there is no Sound on R. as far as i can hear.

Yesterday I hooked the sound to a Logitech stereo speaker setup and it sounded like all the sounds are on both speakers. and also only on one when I disconnect one cable.
this was tested with gunlock.

when I find a mini din8 to scart plus audio jack connector to scart adapter then I could test if the problem is with the adapter I got from you @RGB

also very strange is the when is use the sound setup like you sold it to me.speaking of using the Y-adaper für the headphone jack at the HAS then there is sonetimes full sound on all speakers and sometimes not.when I rotate the Y-adapter clockwise a bit then the sound comes back or not. could there be a problem with that jack?

Thanks

"*Sidenote* can anyone confirm that the sound samples 00 to 03 I guess of gunlock have no sound effect in general?"

Hey, it's easy to tell if it's the adapter, just run a different PCB game than the F3 and confirm if you have sound. Also, you can just open the Scart hood and see if the cables are properly soldered. As for the Y adapter, it's a 2xRCA to 3.5mm mono jack, and the jack connector on HAS itself is also mono (audio connected to both L and R channels). Are you sure there is a proper connection between your Scart cable and the adapter (and your TV)?

Hey, it's easy to tell if it's the adapter, just run a different PCB game than the F3 and confirm if you have sound. Also, you can just open the Scart hood and see if the cables are properly soldered. As for the Y adapter, it's a 2xRCA to 3.5mm mono jack, and the jack connector on HAS itself is also mono (audio connected to both L and R channels). Are you sure there is a proper connection between your Scart cable and the adapter (and your TV)?
yes the scart cable is connected well.

and also the Y adapter 2xRCA to 3.5mm is plugged in completely. but as I said the sound varies when I rotate it. sounds like loose or only partially connection inside the jack.

I check the scart adapter tonight.

Alright, I've just put together a ghetto stereo line level adapter for the F3, the speaker "right" is connected to the S-connector pin #1 and the speaker "left" to pin #4 (ground is taken from one of the "SI" connector pins), and I get sound on both RCAs. This means that either the 8pin mini DIN/2xRCA to Scart adapter that you've got is problematic, or you connected the line level converters in a different way than I did. Or it's something completely different :D Either way, please do some testing (continuity check is a must, too) and if it's the adapter I'll just ship you a new one.

I did Speaker Right plus on 1 and minus 3 , speaker left plus on 2 and minus 4.

as I said the active pc speakers get both sound channels out of it....

I test again tonight.

why did you take ground from SI?

here is the diagram I followed

Attachments

• 2017-11-16 15_54_07-https___www.arcade-museum.com_manuals-videogames_P_Puzzle%20Bobble%204.pdf.png
    2017-11-16 15_54_07-https___www.arcade-museum.com_manuals-videogames_P_Puzzle%20Bobble%204.pdf.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 265
Good morning.

I searched yesterday for the problem and because it was good with the desktop speakers I concentrated on the scart adapter.

and indeed I found out that the white audio cable did have a loose contact somewhere inside.

when I tested the line with the multimeter there was no connection to the chinch end.

Back