What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
I want to mount a Seimitsu LS-38 to a Blast City and to a Vewlix.. The current plate does not work. I ordered a KOWAL-FPC-MOUNTPLATE from focus attack but that does not work at all... which plate do I need? thanks for the help:)

Thanks for the feedback.. That one will not work on the blast for sure.. I sent focus attack a note..

Attachments

• 21-b.jpg
    21-b.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 520
  1. Hey @SNK-NEO-GEO to be honest I personally haven't found any Adapter plate that allows me to use a seimitsu sticks on a official Vewlix and Sega panel. Seimitsu Stick only seems to work on reproduction control panels or official licensed control.

I ran into this same problem when I tried to mount this type of joystick into an Astro City. I ended up just up getting it exactly centered, marking it, and then hot gluing it in place. If you ever need to remove it, just use rubbing alcohol and the hot glue comes right off.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback guys... there has to be a solution for this:).. is there a Sanwa equivalent to the LS-38?

hmm I have a few Seimitsu LS-32 sticks (I assume they're the same mounting as the LS-38?) and a few panels kicking around. Any chance you can take a picture of what the mounting bracket looks like on the underside of your panel? I can see if I have a similar one on any of my panels and then work out a solution.

It looks like this... two holes, one on the left and another on the right and very narrow.. The Sanway fit right but the LS-38 is fat or bigger with four screws and none on the sides like the Sanwa.

Attachments

• img_3748.jpg
    img_3748.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 288
alright I'll take a look at my panels this weekend and see if I have anything similar.

Clearly you just need to get an E29 since they're build for Seimitsu sticks :P

It's going to be hard because the body of the stick is wider than the mounting holes on the panel.

Honestly, I would just get a new panel. An older style Astro City panel costs like $50.

alright I'll take a look at my panels this weekend and see if I have anything similar.

Clearly you just need to get an E29 since they're build for Seimitsu sticks :P
Great.. thanks.. E29:) If I were technical like you and some of the guys here and have more access to those monitors I would hunt down an E29... right now, I am staying away from Cabs that do not fit WGD9200 monitors. I do not want to hunt down a monitor for those cabs.. I might make the move (kicking an screaming) to LCD once WGD9200 became impossible to find.

Ookay so I too have also had to use the KOWAL FPC with my LS-32. However, I know this sounds crazy silly to ask... But you did remove the S-mount plate off of the original body of the Seimitsu LS-38, right? I have a Blastcity panel on my Netcity cab and granted I used LS-32, which came with a S-mount plate. However, once I replaced the S-plate with the KOWAL FPC the holes from the KOWAL to the Blastcity matched exactly. I only ask, because I have read elsewhere that someone was mounting the Seimitsu with S-plate to the KOWAL. This is incorrect and likely impossible due to holes not matching up.

My only dislike from the Seimitsu was the shaft being shorter after it had been mounted to the blast city panel. This is being compared to the Sanwa JLF.

I cannot imagine Seimitsu designing a whole new body for each of their sticks, unless I am mistaken?

UPDATE: https://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ss-mounting-plate-for-ls-32-ls-38-ls-40/
This SS plate which comes stock with the LS Series will work on 32 and 38. Which means that both stick have the same bodies. So that mean the KOWAL FPC should work. I am pretty sure most Blast city panels are the same for mounting Sanwa JLFs. Anyway, hope this helps.

Personally, I would get a repro panel with mounting points that allow for regular plate mounting options so that you can mount the seimitsu sticks at the correct depth with an SS (official or universal from kowal or paradise arcade shop).

The seimitsu shafts are already shorter than sanwa. In this setup the sanwa isn't even using a mounting plate, and that's why it's causing issues. The sanwa body mount points are only 65mm apart center to center. And well, you've seen how that doesn't work with the bigger seimitsu body.

A flat plate exacerbates the issue of lack of height on a seimitsu stick, but there's a fix for that too: https://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-32-16mm-shaft-extender. I don't know how that will alter the feel of the stick, but I would imagine it would be closer to normal shaft height.

Update.. the plates above do not work on the Vewlix L or Black to mount the stick.. I guess it would have to be a custom plate.. If anyone ever finds out of one that sure work please let me know..thanks

I looked at this last weekend. the placement of the mounting holes on the Sanwa brackets attached to the CP are wider than what's on the LS-32 but they're narrow enough that the bolt head would hit it.

This means that any plate used would have to be thick enough to allow the bolt head between the adapter plate and the panel to be countersunk to avoid any interference. An adapter plate is bad enough but something with enough depth to make this work would likely drop the stick enough to noticeably change the stick height.

I think I understand why back in the day Sega had different panels for Sega and Seimitsu.

I'd need to check again to see if it's viable but A 3rd option would be to see if you could drill and tap a set of more narrow mounting holes, it would depend on if they'd collide with the bends in the bracket or if they'd be too close to the current holes.

if you know a welder you could weld on an additional piece of sheet metal to the existing bracket and drill holes in that wherever you need them. you'd need to get it aligned perfectly though or you'll end up with crooked sticks.

the Vewlix has four metal screws sticking out of the panel where the plate mounts.. these plates mounts are not wide enough to alined the four metal screws. The pate above, the stick can be mounted but on the edge, it is not wide enough to be mounted on the Vewlix four metal screws. I kind of gave up on the Blast and I am giving up on the Vewlix as well.. until something that can work for sure shows up..:) thanks all for all the feedback.

I've seen some of the Vewlix cabs at Round 1 just have a sega panel screwed into them.. not very nice way to do it though. I think Jasen's customs use to make Vewlix panels? Not sure if he still does.

If you want a compromise, you can put levered switches in a Hori hayabusa lever.

For the candy cab panel, you'll have to buy a Seimitsu panel, which I think were only made for Blast/Astro city cabs, there's an Astro 2L12B on YAJ right now. Could also wait for a 1L6B to pop up.

Last edited:
Back