What's new

slai50

Student
Reaction score
Did anyone ever make or plan to make a clear acrylic case for the STV motherboard similar to what FrancoB is doing with the Tatito F3 motherboard?

I just want a 90degree cartridge adapter so I don't have to play irritating maze every-time I put my STV in my cab. (the E29's pcb area doesn't have much height so I have to tip it back while I slide it in until it clears the back side of the coin box :-/ )

I just want a 90degree cartridge adapter so I don't have to play irritating maze every-time I put my STV in my cab. (the E29's pcb area doesn't have much height so I have to tip it back while I slide it in until it clears the back side of the coin box :-/ )
I'll second this want.

I once made this...

IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2343.JPG

Well that's incredible. Is there a site for acrylic cutting like there is for 3d printing?

You might find CNC shops to cut your sheets but... well, if you find anybody there who cares to spend time with such projects and bill you a premium...

I've measured and marked the acrylic with pen and cut all pieces with Dremel (Dremel Trio mostly). Glued the acrylic with liquid chloroform...

Well that's incredible. Is there a site for acrylic cutting like there is for 3d printing?
TAP Plastics? I've used them to re-create some plastic pieces on a Crazy Taxi sit down cab.

Just looked from an actual PC (was on my phone before) and noticed - that's not just a board surround, that's an actual consolized STV isn't it? On the one hand, I'm even more impressed, but on the other hand that's now sadly only a starting point for what I'm looking for :)

Great job nonetheless though.

Awesome case @yavuzg. I'm going to tweak your Sketch-Up design into something similar to the HAS SuperGun - top and bottom sheets of plexiglass with no side-walls, with holes pre-drilled to match up with the PCB mounting holes so that you can use standoffs and screws to hold it all together.

I'll post the updated files here after I'm done.

something similar to the HAS SuperGun - top and bottom sheets of plexiglass with no side-walls, with holes pre-drilled to match up with the PCB mounting holes so that you can use standoffs and screws to hold it all together.
Make me a set (top/bottom) when you do yours? I'll Paypal gift the money right now. :D

something similar to the HAS SuperGun - top and bottom sheets of plexiglass with no side-walls, with holes pre-drilled to match up with the PCB mounting holes so that you can use standoffs and screws to hold it all together.
Make me a set (top/bottom) when you do yours? I'll Paypal gift the money right now. :D
Me too! ;)

OK, I've got a pretty solid first draft of a plexiglass STV case ready for folks to give feedback. I used @yavuzg's case earlier in the thread as a starting point, but his case fully encapsulated and consolized the board, whearas I was looking for a top and bottom plexiglass layer to keep the JAMMA and expansion connectors available. As such, I broke out the digital calipers and precisely matched the mouting holes, and trimmed everything up.

- 3 mm plexiglass top and bottom.
- Top plexiglass layer color is smoke black, bottom layer is Sega navy blue.
- Silkscreened logos
- Large corner slot for plenty of cartridge space.
- Front notch for the JAMMA connector.
- Currently no mounting point designed in the plexiglass for the optional STV Multi LCD display.

Thoughts?

1PNG.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Last edited:
Looks good, but I feel like a lot of people have mounted the LCD screen on the corner (I know I have) so if you can find an option to include that (especially since that eats a corner point for screws usually), that would be appreciated imo.

Back