What's new
Looks good, but I feel like a lot of people have mounted the LCD screen on the corner (I know I have) so if you can find an option to include that (especially since that eats a corner point for screws usually), that would be appreciated imo.
So what if I removed a rectangle from the upper right corner of the plexiglass wide enough to span three mounting holes? That leaves a bit of the board uncovered, but it would accommodate this:

IMG_4902.JPG

Better yet, is there a way to incorporate just the LCD game selector PCB, no case, into the design? The plexiglass would cover the LCD but have holes for the LCD buttons. The game selector case IMO is too big and bulky and eliminating it would make the overall design more slim and sleek. But if it's not possible that wouldn't be a deal breaker, I would still buy the plexiglass with the LCD case incorporated into the design. The case is looking great!

Last edited:
Better yet, is there a way to incorporate just the LCD game selector PCB, no case, into the design? The plexiglass would cover the LCD but have holes for the LCD buttons. The game selector case IMO is too big and bulky and eliminating it would make the overall design more slim and sleek. But if it's not possible that wouldn't be a deal breaker, I would still buy the plexiglass with the LCD case incorporated into the design. Lastly, could you make the ST-V logo just a tad smaller? Besides those 2 minor gripes, the case is looking great!
This is also pretty cool too. Something like lions3 did with his design for the F3 base.

If you're really up for mfg and distributing these, id be in also. Otherwise I'd love to get the files and use a service to print em.

If you're really up for mfg and distributing these, id be in also. Otherwise I'd love to get the files and use a service to print em.
Here's my plan on case manufacturing & distribution:

1) Lock down the final design via public consensus on this thread. (currently in progress)
2) Order one case to be manufactured for myself to make sure everything fits properly. Then I'll also know for sure what the manufacturing cost will be.
3) Repeat Step 2 with corrections if my case measurements end up being off.
4) Post pictures here of the final fitment and offer a preorder for folks that want a nice finished package with all the proper standoffs, screws, etc.
5) At the same time, I'll also post the final CAD files here for people that want to manufacture their cases on their own or want to customize the design in some way.

Oh there will most definitely be more than one! :D

Once I've confirmed the design is good and fits properly, I'll post the files and open up orders. Probably be a month or two out from now though at least.

OK, I have a new revision (let's call it Rev B) ready for everyone's feedback.
Here's what's changed from Rev A:

- STV Logo resized to the same size as the JAMMA connector width
- Sega Logo moved closer to the STV Logo
- New holes created for the STV Multi LCD Switcher. Holes match the designs used in Bit District's 3D Printed case (reasoning for that below)
- No kick harness hole yet - need more feedback from you guys first (read below)

4.PNG

5.PNG

Up front, note that the STV LCD Switcher has an asymetrical layout. The LCD display is centered in the case, but the mounting holes and contrast adjustment dial hole will all look off-center. I took the measurements directly from @twistedsymphony case model, and double-checked them with my digital calipers.

So why did I use the triangle-square-circle shapes? The STV LCD Switcher's buttons are lower than the display, so some kind of button shim needs to sit on top of them. Twisted's design works and is easy to order as a 3D print.
b.jpg

Let's talk kick harness. The STV kick harness connector is in the lower-right corner of the board - header CN21 to be specific. The problem is that some (not all) STV boards (including mine) have a riser card that expands the three edge headers out to additional ones.
a.jpg

c.jpg
The riser card moves the kick harness connector to a different location. As such, if I want to put a hole in the plexi for the kick harness connector, I can either:
A) Offer two versions of the plexi (which I don't want to do).
B) Carve a rectangle in the lower-right corner large enough to accomidate both kick harness locations.
C) Only cut a hole for the riser-card-less location and ask people with the additional header to remove it.
D) Don't cut a kick-harness hole at all and ask people to run the kick harness cable underneath the top plexi.

My preferred options are C or D, but tell me what you think.

Also, I'm going to keep Rev A around as an option for STV owners that either don't use an LCD Switcher with their Multi, or don't use a Darksoft Multi at all.

Last edited:
Beautiful man. I'm not in front of my motherboard to check but I assume there's places to mount the switcher in the middle there? Certainly looks better than the corner, even if it does mean I'll have to extend my wires

Really liking the look though. My vote is for D then C in that order. Are you going to be selling these too then?

Back