What's new
I'd say C or D. Leaning towards D if the height allows making the connection without taking apart the sandwich.

Beautiful man. I'm not in front of my motherboard to check but I assume there's places to mount the switcher in the middle there? Certainly looks better than the corner, even if it does mean I'll have to extend my wires

Really liking the look though. My vote is for D then C in that order. Are you going to be selling these too then?
Yeah, I'm thinking that I'll allow people to order the top plexi either without LCD holes or with LCD holes. Ill also have an order option for the 3D printed buttons.

I'd say C or D. Leaning towards D if the height allows making the connection without taking apart the sandwich.
It's looking like 40mm standoffs will give the top plexi enough clearance for the board components while still leaving enough room to squeeze a kick harness connection in. I'll experiment with it more when I'm checking the fitment of all the plexi later.

This thread has been quiet for a few days, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone had any further feedback for Rev B?

If everyone's happy with it, then I'll place an order this weekend with a plexiglass cutter for the first case so I can test fitment and determine what the ordering cost for everyone else would be.

An update on the ST-V Plexiglass sandwich case I've been working on.

I sent my CAD measurements sent off to Pololu for Plexiglass lasercutting. Unfortunately the mounting holes aren't lining up correctly on the acrylic I got back from them - everything looks good top to bottom, but the plexiglass is several millimeters too wide left to right. The wedge that's cut out of the upper-left corner for the cartridge isn't tall enough to accommodate a cartridge shell either - only a bare board.

I'll have to take some measurements of the plexiglas, compare them to my CAD files, make corrections, and have another round printed.

One bright point is that the LCD mounting holes worked out pretty much perfectly. I need to nudge the hole for the contrast dial down a touch, but otherwise, everything fits nicely there.

Here's some pictures - please forgive the reflections. Plexiglass is shiny stuff!

Photo Sep 18, 8 27 02 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Sep 18, 8 29 50 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 18, 8 29 50 PM.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 339
That LCD holder/control looks so seamlessly perfect mounted flush in the pleix. :love:
Awaiting round two! 8o

Any update here? I dug out my ST-V multi recently and was really wishing it was better contained. I hope you're still interested in working on this project :)

I'm definitely still interested in the project. I started grad school back at the end of August and it's devoured more of my time and energy than I anticipated. That said, I feel bad that this project isn't finished and I'm going to nudge it ahead further this week.

I still need to double-check my measurements and make appropriate corrections to the modeling files. I'll post a status update soon. Thanks for your interest in this project, and keep nudging me on it!

Nudge, nudge.

Little bites at a time, that is all. And before you know it, you will be finished.

:D

This is one of the many reasons why I love this forum. Because of projects and people like this...

:thumbsup:

I’d be interested in this too, if / when you get it done.

Sorry everyone - the plexi case got pushed to my backburner while I've been attending grad school. I'll be out for summer break after Aug 10 and hope to finish it up then. I can also post the files as they are now if someone else wants to take it over and finish it up.

Back