What's new
Put my ass on this pyre.
I'll have an ST-V in a couple weeks, I'd sure love to consolize, and protect it with something pre-made if possible.

Awesome news! Please keep us/me posted as I really want this case once complete.

OK, I have the remeasured, reworked files ready. The cut plexi should arrive in a few days for a test fitting.

Thanks everyone for your patience. This STV plexi case project has taken much longer than I expected - partly because I've never done a project like this before (so I had a learning curve on the software), and partly because grad school has vacuumed away most of my free time.

Here are some screenshots, and I'll post a link to the Sketchup file as well in case anyone wants to double-check my work. Please let me know what you think. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/se1jq9og8mrn609/STVCase-v3.skp?dl=0

1.png

Attachments

• 2.PNG.png
    2.PNG.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 324
Looks cool!

Is it possible to make 2 versions, one for those of us who have a long LCD cable and don't need the opening for the LCD case, maybe just solid all the way across?

:D

definitely interested in a second version with a solid top

I need the version 1 or LCD mounted top case!
That's a major selling point for me, if I wanted a solid top I'd just order this right now/today. ;)

I need the version 1 or LCD mounted top case!
That's a major selling point for me, if I wanted a solid top I'd just order this right now/today. ;)
I didn't know there was already a source for an STV acrylic case - that's good to know.

The parts to test-fit my design shipped out today, so I'll know soon if I have the case design right. I also need to finalize the fasteners and feet.

Once I figure the last of it out, I'll post a link to an order form on here where you'll be able to specify a few purchase options, including:

Style: With LCD cutout or without LCD cutout
Colors: Standard (opaque black for the top and transparent blue for the bottom) or Custom (black, red, yellow, green, blue, gray, orange, pink, purple)
Decals: Include ST-V and Sega logo decals, or leave them out.

You'll also provide me with your PayPal email address and shipping address on the form. I'll calculate the shipping cost and issue a PayPal Invoice for the total.

Pre-shipped cost will likely be $50 for the standard colors in either case style, or $60 for custom colors in either case style.

EDIT: I'll also post the final design files here for anyone that wants to either manufacture their own, or tweak the design for their own purposes.

EDIT 2: Forgot that the case with LCD cutouts has an additional cost for the 3D printed face buttons. The buttons will cost $10 and will be available in multiple colors.

Last edited:
Damn it - the new plexiglass still doesn't fit properly. I'm not sure how, but the horizontal and vertical dimensions are flipped between what I measured and what they cut. So if I turn the plexiglass pieces sideways, they fit the STV dimensions properly but of course then none of the holes are lined up.

I'll get in touch with the plexiglass cutter this weekend and see if I can figure out what went wrong. Sorry everyone - keep in mind that this is the first plexiglass project like this I've ever done, so apparently I'm making all the newb mistakes...

Photo Sep 07, 6 29 36 PM.jpg

Agreed - I am ready to buy once you get it figured out....

Matt

Damn it - the new plexiglass still doesn't fit properly. I'm not sure how, but the horizontal and vertical dimensions are flipped between what I measured and what they cut. So if I turn the plexiglass pieces sideways, they fit the STV dimensions properly but of course then none of the holes are lined up.

I'll get in touch with the plexiglass cutter this weekend and see if I can figure out what went wrong. Sorry everyone - keep in mind that this is the first plexiglass project like this I've ever done, so apparently I'm making all the newb mistakes...

Photo Sep 07, 6 29 36 PM.jpg
It's best you hone this before it's ready.
Thank you for your best efforts, and time.
Look forward to these.

Arcade projects like this are what make this forum super cool.

It truly is a love for the games!

See what I did there...

:D

Back