What's new
Howdy ShootTheCore - any update on this?

If it's just time - completely understand... :) Life doesn't really care about our hobbies!

Matt

it has been a while so I'm wondering if anyone has a case in the works?

I no longer have an ST-V board, so I'm no longer working on a case. Sorry about that.

I know that Lions3 sells a nice one without the cutouts for the LCD Switcher:
https://lions3.com/product/sega-stv-top-bottom-acrylic-plate/

Highflow sells one as well:
https://www.highflow.nl/behuizingen/sega-st-v-acrylic-case.html
Does anyone here own one of those cases listed above? Do they support the STV PCB anywhere else outside of the four extreme corners?

I ask as if they only support / mount the PCB on the four corners I wouldn't that would be adequate, you really need to support the PCB around the cartridge slot. It's why there are so many PCB feet on an STV as the strain from inserting / removing cartridges is what leads to the surface mount joints failing on the CPUs.

Does anyone here own one of those cases listed above? Do they support the STV PCB anywhere else outside of the four extreme corners?

I ask as if they only support / mount the PCB on the four corners I wouldn't that would be adequate, you really need to support the PCB around the cartridge slot. It's why there are so many PCB feet on an STV as the strain from inserting / removing cartridges is what leads to the surface mount joints failing on the CPUs.
So true, you need to support the pcbs all around.

This is how I supported my SFTM, even though it doesnt need it since it doesnt use carts, etc..but still, pcb is supported at every point.

IMG_4722.jpg

Im also not a fan of not insetting the pcb and mounting the supports for the acrylics separate from the pcb.

When you mount the pcb inline with the acrylic supports one good hit on a corner on the acrylics will most likely break off the corner mount holes on the pcb.

Attachments

• IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 252

So true, you need to support the pcbs all around.
This is how I supported my SFTM, even though it doesnt need it since it doesnt use carts, etc..but still, pcb is supported at every point.

IMG_4722.jpg

Im also not a fan of not insetting the pcb and mounting the supports for the acrylics separate from the pcb.

When you mount the pcb inline with the acrylic supports one good hit on a corner on the acrylics will most likely break off the corner mount holes on the pcb.
what game is this? At first I thought maybe original 1987 street fighter then I saw 1995 on a chip.

edit: Now I see it. Street fighter the movie.

Hey @ShootTheCore - any chance you can post up what you created so far? Maybe one of us can continue on?

Matt
Here’s my project files. V3 is the latest revision and the PCB hole measurements are a bit off. The LCD selector mounts in properly though.
https://usu.box.com/s/rq89zlydkvkac0r84a7rsg7cukv6rue1
Totally new to this... :) But - willing to give it a shot. Did you use SketchUp for this? I loaded up the latest version (Sketchup Pro 2020) and it shows the model as 29cm x 27cm.

Pretty sure you don't have a micro version of the ST-V... :)

I will play around with it later tonight to figure out why it's showing so small when i export to STL (was going to do some test 3d prints).

Matt

Last edited:
Yeah, I used SketchUp for it. I haven't worked on it in over a year, so I won't be much help for anything software-specific - sorry.

I'm definitely interested in a case if someone does a run...

Back