What's new

TechnoFreek

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys, first off massive thanks for this Atomiswave naomi solution. I have an Atomiswave SD arcade cabinet and I had started collecting Atomiswave carts. But it is very expensive to get each cart so this solution has opened up the complete Atomiswave and Naomi libraries for me at a fraction of the cost. Thank you!

I have downloaded each of the Atomiswave bins from this forum and am currently testing each one. Most work fine however a few give me an Error 22 after checking memory.

Allow me to explain a little better.

I have
  • naomi 1 mobo
  • bios 21576H
  • 256mb netdimm firmware 4.02

Demolishfist, Kof XI (both bins), Metal Slug 6, KOV7 Spirits all give me error 22.

I can transfer the bins to the netdimm successfully, they get to checking memory 100% fine but when the motherboard boots back around I am presented with
Error 22 - COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURRED BETWEEN MAIN BOARD AND OPTION BOARD

I can see the game name loaded in the netdimm if i go to Test menu

This error 22 consistently keeps happening with these games, I have tried several times.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this issue just for these games would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

The NetDIMM isn't connected to the NAOMI properly, I get this problem a lot on my setup and the only solution is to reseat the NetDIMM a couple of times and make sure it's pushed right in. I don't have the correct screws which doesn't help :(

If you're only getting it on some games check the voltages, particularly the 3.3v - the NetDIMM draws a lot of power from the 3.3v rail and it is incredibly picky, it needs to be spot on

thanks dude. Great advice. Any suggestions as to a good place on the naomi/netdimm to measure 3.3v?
Thanks again

thanks dude. Great advice. Any suggestions as to a good place on the naomi/netdimm to measure 3.3v?
Thanks again
Before getting that far. What is your setup?

What PSU are you using, and which JVS I/O?

You measure at the power supply connectors - are you using a JAMMA converter (Capcom etc) or connecting directly? If connecting directly you measure at the 2 AMP connectors

Keep in mind that the JAMMA converters really don't work well with the NetDIMM with the additional power draw

Hey guys. My Atomiswave SD cab is half JVS so there are the two amp connectors coming direct from the cab power supply.

I have a Capcom io but I'm only using it for controls.

Keep in mind that the JAMMA converters really don't work well with the NetDIMM with the additional power draw
That was my concern.

Like xodaraP said, you can measure right at the AMP connectors. Make sure and do it while the Naomi and NetDIMM are on and running.

Hey guys. My Atomiswave SD cab is half JVS so there are the two amp connectors coming direct from the cab power supply.

I have a Capcom io but I'm only using it for controls.
I don't understand this, how is the cab half JVS? If you've got JVS connectors for the power supply, you should have connectors for JVS controls as well unless something weird is going on

Or did you replace the power supply at some stage with a Sun or something similar but keep the other wiring intact?

I don't understand this, how is the cab half JVS? If you've got JVS connectors for the power supply, you should have connectors for JVS controls as well unless something weird is going on
Nothing weird at all, the Sega Blast City is exactly the same, you have JVS power connectors with the 001 loom, but for controls you need a separate JVS to JAMMA IO.

See here for AWSD:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sammy_Atomiswave_SD

Nothing weird at all, the Sega Blast City is exactly the same, you have JVS power connectors with the 001 loom, but for controls you need a separate JVS to JAMMA IO.

See here for AWSD:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sammy_Atomiswave_SD
exactly this

total noob question but where exactly am I measuring for 3.3v e.g. which pin?
Can I access this from the outside of the mobo or do I need it decased?
I thought the amp connectors meet plastic on plastic with no metal exposed.

All tips welcome!
Thank you.

You put your probes inside the housing where the wires go in. Top pins are for voltage, bottoms pins for ground.

total noob question but where exactly am I measuring for 3.3v e.g. which pin?
Can I access this from the outside of the mobo or do I need it decased?
I thought the amp connectors meet plastic on plastic with no metal exposed.

All tips welcome!
Thank you.
If you look into the AMP connector, you can see the pins on the wires. Push the probes into those while it's running.

As for the pinout:
naomi_10.jpg

getting 3.24 under load.

3.37 without.

Do I need to see if I can tweak that rail?

Most power supplies don't let you adjust it separately and you certainly don't want to turn up the other voltages.

If you're dropping that much under load it means your power supply isn't providing enough current for the NAOMI, it's a problem of amps rather than volts.

A lot of people try to adjust the 3.3v to compensate but you risk damaging stuff that way so I don't recommend it

Sounds like it's time to buy a Sun PSU!

Back