What's new

maldoror68

Student
Reaction score
EDIT : it's done, see the 4th post in the topic to grab the file :thumbsup:

conan4.jpg

i'm still trying to modify the roll up pack romset and add some blood in lightbringer.
but i don't understant which romfiles did i need to replace in the roll up pack
?(

after some research on the web,i founded that there is a partial swap of romset to do.
they need to be replaced by they counterpart of the Dungeon Magic (World) set

d69-13.bin
d69-15.bin
d69-20.bin
d69-22.bin

these 4 files are 512 ko each

and there are no 512ko file inside the roll up pack. :P

maybe they are combined in lightbr.12 and lightbr.13 in the roll up pack, they are 1024 ko each
maybe they are combined in another of the numerous 2048 ko file of the roll up pack ????

i'll try to create a modified rom with different lightbr.12 and lightbr.13 edit : does not work

i just need some utility to merge the two 512ko files with EVEN datas, to have in output one 1024ko file (even),
and do the same for the ODD datas, merge the two 512ko files in one 1024ko file (odd).

the result (if it works) is an aditional line in the options :

p1020012.jpg

Any help to know to identify the EVEN and the ODD datas, and how to merge them ???? ?(

tanks ! ^^

(source, in french : this link )

Last edited:
some little progress here, a command line in windows can merge .bin files

i'll do some tests.

copy /b file.001+file.002 file.bin

edit : does not work for now.
i only hope the two files of 1024 ko are not merged in one of the 2048 ko of the roll up pack !

Last edited:
little progress here, thanks to Darksoft.

.12 and .13 file are confirmed to be the program part of the rom ( F3 68020 code )
trying to merge all the program files from the dungeon magic (world) set and replace them in the romset... ;)

it's done, a HUGE thanks to Darksoft :thumbsup:

please update your "roll up pack" ! here is the file :
(you can keep your lighbringer set)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8btq8vegwqie3f/dungeon_magic_for_darksoft_F3.zip

CHANGES :
--------
-title screen now says "dungeon magic" and no more "lightbringer"
-game and texts are still in english :P
-a new line appears (in dungeon magic) in the option / dip setting: "VIOLENCE MODE". :evil:
to have blood, simple put the violence mode on "HARD"
-you can keep your lightbringer romset, all files can coexist on the same sd card (no file renaming needed), so you can choose between lightbringer & dungeon magic with the LCD selector

dungeon magic.JPG

blood.png

Attachments

• new option line.JPG
    new option line.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Amazing work! I'll get this added to the pack. You did a great job researching this and figuring it all out. Thanks to Darksoft for helping out too! :thumbup:

Hi. Could the blood option be done on Light Bringer 2.2O cpu set, which is a more modern version than Dungeon Magic 2.1?

I have been reading, and Light Bringer 2.2O it's simply a international adaptation of Lightbringer 2.1J
Are there any important differences between 2.1 and 2.2 versions, or is simply that fact I have mentioned?

Last edited:
Back