What's new
Thanks! Do you happen to know the pinout for the CN3 expansion connector for the Rev B?

Thanks! Do you happen to know the pinout for the CN3 expansion connector for the Rev B?
Again, if the link you posted to the notes on Arcade Otaku are to be believed then:
Code:
 1 - 5VDC Out 
 2 - 5VDC Out 
 3 - 5VDC Out 
 4 - P1 button 4 
 5 - P1 button 5 
 6 - P1 button 6 
 7 - p1 button 7 
 8 - p2 button 4 
 9 - p2 button 5
10 - p2 button 6
11 - p2 button 7
12 - GND
13 - GND
14 - GND

Last edited:
See pic from Sega Manual

Attachments

• Sega Manual.png
    Sega Manual.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 301
I have a lot of

Jvs type 1 , three of them
Jvs type 1.5 and one of them
Jvs type 3 ,two of them with the wires from ttx2

Planning to let them go

This info has been very helpful and I thank this forum

@twistedsymphony I need your help.

I'm using the Rev B Sega JVS to Jamma adapter. I had a cable made that goes from CN8 on the Blast I/O to the 14pin input on the JVS/Jamma adapter. It is wired exactly as you posted, but I am not getting any input on buttons 4-6 in the Naomi I/O test menu.

1 - 5VDC Out
2 - 5VDC Out
3 - 5VDC Out
4 - P1 button 4
5 - P1 button 5
6 - P1 button 6
7 - p1 button 7
8 - p2 button 4
9 - p2 button 5
10 - p2 button 6
11 - p2 button 7
12 - GND
13 - GND
14 - GND

Last edited:
what pinout did you use for CN8?

and what position is your jumper in?

and have you confirmed continuity between the buttons in your control panel and the CN8 connector to make sure your cab's internal wiring is correct?

Last edited:
@twistedsymphony I need your help.

I'm using the Rev B Sega JVS to Jamma adapter. I had a cable made that goes from CN8 on the Blast I/O to the 14pin input on the JVS/Jamma adapter. It is wired exactly as you posted, but I am not getting any input on buttons 4-6 in the Naomi I/O test menu.
Try the pinout on the ao wiki..

what pinout did you use for CN8?

and what position is your jumper in?

and have you confirmed continuity between the buttons in your control panel and the CN8 connector to make sure your cab's internal wiring is correct?
1 P1 light kick
2 P2 light kick
3 P1 medium kick
4 P2 medium kick
5 P1 strong kick
6 P2 strong kick
7 GND
8 GND

Jumper is on A

Not yet but my Capcom I/O works with cn8 going to a cps2 kick harness for buttons 4-6

well if your CPS2 kick harness works then that confirms your cab wiring is good.

Just to confirm you're tying the ground pins on the JVS IO connector to both of the ground pins on CN8?

well if your CPS2 kick harness works then that confirms your cab wiring is good.

Just to confirm you're tying the ground pins on the JVS IO connector to both of the ground pins on CN8?
Pins 7 & 8 on CN8 go to pins 13 & 14 on the JVS IO connector.

And in the NAOMI System test mode (NOT game test mode) you don't see ANY of the button bits changing?

And in the NAOMI System test mode (NOT game test mode) you don't see ANY of the button bits changing?
I think I figured out the problem. It looks like buttons 4,5,6 on the control panel, register as buttons 6,7,8 on the I/O.

Attachments

• IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
@invzim

Arcade Otaku wiki:

Sega 838-13683-02 = Rev A
Sega 838-13683-93 = Rev B

"The operation and pin-out of extra buttons is identical"

1 - 5VDC Out
2 - 5VDC Out
3 - 5VDC Out
4 - P1 button 6
5 - P1 button 7
6 - P1 button 8
7 - p1 button 9
8 - p2 button 6
9 - p2 button 7
10 - p2 button 8
11 - p2 button 9
12 - GND
13 - GND
14 - GND

Last edited:
shouldn't the JAMMA Loom on a Blast have buttons 4 and 5 populated already?

Back