What's new
Not unless you use the Sega 2L12B adapter, which reroutes buttons 4 and 5 to the Jamma edge.

wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_2L12B_Adapter
I have no idea what the heck that thing is. I don't even understand why you would need one?

That page is junk. I want to delete the whole thing from the wiki.

Click here

Under CN6:

Note7:The SEGA I/O board JVS to JAMMA (838-13683-91 Rev.A) can be configured as BILLBOARD INPUT or Control SW6~8 OUTPUT.

Note8:With SEGA I/O board JVS to JAMMA (838-13683-93 Rev.B),MCU redefined the Control SW4~7 OUTPUT.

Differences between Rev A & B
I feel like this information is either wrong, or your IO board is using older revision code.

If you got into NAOMI System Test Screen and do the JVS Test what is the ID of the board? it should be something like "SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD.;I/O 838-13683B ;Ver1.07;99/06"

Not unless you use the Sega 2L12B adapter, which reroutes buttons 4 and 5 to the Jamma edge.

wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_2L12B_Adapter
I have no idea what the heck that thing is. I don't even understand why you would need one?

That page is junk. I want to delete the whole thing from the wiki.
It sends the wires that usually go to the extra buttons 10pin connector (CN8) to the Jamma edge using the wiring for P1 & P2.

Click here

Under CN6:

Note7:The SEGA I/O board JVS to JAMMA (838-13683-91 Rev.A) can be configured as BILLBOARD INPUT or Control SW6~8 OUTPUT.

Note8:With SEGA I/O board JVS to JAMMA (838-13683-93 Rev.B),MCU redefined the Control SW4~7 OUTPUT.

Differences between Rev A & B
If you got into NAOMI System Test Screen and do the JVS Test what is the ID of the board? it should be something like "SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD.;I/O 838-13683B ;Ver1.07;99/06"
Let me check this...

I have 1 Rev A and 3 Rev B. I will test them all before I determine that the pinouts are identical between Rev A & B.

It sends the wires that usually go to the extra buttons 10pin connector (CN8) to the Jamma edge using the wiring for P1 & P2.
Wrong.

Here's how it's on the Blast City:

Buttons 4 & 5 (jamma pins 25 & 26) from the jamma edge are routed to the P1 and P2 AMP UP 15 pin connectors as standard. There is no button 6 on jamma (chamma does not apply), this needs to be taken elsewhere.

CN8 on the Blast IO board is routed to the auxiliary kick harness AMP UP 10 pin connector next to the P1 and P2 connectors.

I have never used a Sega JVS to Jamma board, but I'm pretty sure the inputs for buttons 4 & 5 are on the jamma edge. You can easily test this with a short jumper wire. Just short pin 9 & 12 together on the AMP UP 15 pin connector for button 4. See first image on the page below for the pinout:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

Last edited:
@nem not wrong sorry.

I am very familiar with how the wiring works for P1, P2 & Extra buttons, but I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

The 2L12B Sega harness takes the extra buttons which usually go to the 10pin Amp Up, and reroutes them to the Jamma edge using the P1 & P2 15pin Amp Up connectors. Why would someone want this? Let's say I want to use a CPS2 kick harness. I leave everything wired as-is.

If I need to re-route the extra buttons to the jamma edge, I just install this harness inline without needing to rewire everything.

To each their own I guess...

First think it it's worth seeing if the newer Firmware for that JVS IO mapps 4 and 5 to the extension header. If not I wonder if the firmware could be patched to do that.

First think it it's worth seeing if the newer Firmware for that JVS IO mapps 4 and 5 to the extension header. If not I wonder if the firmware could be patched to do that.
Definitely! It is possible to update the firmware on the JVS adapter?

so it seems that AO wiki information about the newer firmware having different button mapping is wrong.

@nem not wrong sorry.

I am very familiar with how the wiring works for P1, P2 & Extra buttons, but I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.
I don't understand what's the problem then. You want to use the auxiliary 10-pin AMP UP connector for your kick buttons? There's a very easy solution to this. You snip the 4th and 5th button wiring that goes from the jamma edge connector to CN5 and reroute it to CN8. You need a 8-pin JVS NH connector and some female pins. Remember to splice ground to the last pin. If you wanted you could do this on the underside of the IO board too. If you add diodes you don't even have to make any cuts, just add jumper wires.

so it seems that AO wiki information about the newer firmware having different button mapping is wrong.
Agreed. It's a-shame because some people claimed that the Sega I/O felt more responsive than the Capcom I/O.

@Darksoft @Apocalypse Would you be interested in hacking the firmware to change the extra buttons header from buttons 6,7,8,9 to 4,5,6,7?

Last edited:
Gonna resurrect this thread to ask what I'm assuming is an obvious question...

Is there a ready made harness available for the CN3 header on the Sega JVS IO rev B? Would prefer not to crimp one myself as I'm lacking the tools at the moment to get that done but if nothing is out there, what is the correct 14 pin connector to use here?

Is there a ready made harness available for the CN3 header on the Sega JVS IO rev B? Would prefer not to crimp one myself as I'm lacking the tools at the moment to get that done but if nothing is out there, what is the correct 14 pin connector to use here?
Talki to @Mitsurugi-w. He may be able to help.

So it's a little over 3am and won an auction for what I thought was a rev B board. Does anyone have any info on these?

Attachments

• 2AB766B9-D7BC-44B4-9EE5-204B62D00372.jpeg
    2AB766B9-D7BC-44B4-9EE5-204B62D00372.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 162
  • 89D9B393-1D22-4B09-8685-49092B842AAD.jpeg
    89D9B393-1D22-4B09-8685-49092B842AAD.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 178
what info do you need? What does it say when you plug it and go to JVS test/info on a naomi or triforce.

Back