What's new
I haven't received it yet so I can't test. I was just wondering if someone that have one knows if it have the same pinouts for the kick harness as the REV B.

I haven't received it yet so I can't test. I was just wondering if someone that have one knows if it have the same pinouts for the kick harness as the REV B.
based on the real world testing, the results of which are posted earlier in this thread all revisions of this board have the same pinout for the kick harness. That is to say buttons 4 and 5 are only on the jamma edge and button 6 is on the expansion connector.

I'm still looking for a kick harness for this. Ran into dead ends with a couple of resources I reached out to. Does anyone have one to sell or can make one for this board?

And in the NAOMI System test mode (NOT game test mode) you don't see ANY of the button bits changing?
I think I figured out the problem. It looks like buttons 4,5,6 on the control panel, register as buttons 6,7,8 on the I/O.
@tonyt76 I have the very same issue. I have a Naomi hooked on to a Sega RevB IO, which is hooked to the Blast City I/O. Instead of registering the buttons to 4, 5, 6 it's mapping them to 6, 7, 8 ...

From the info on https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide I'd also read this like the Sega RevA I/O board would map things to 4-6, while RevB maps extra buttons to 6-8.

But it seems @twistedsymphony was able to debunk that by testing with an actual RevA board and still getting extra button inputs registered as 6, 7, 8?!

@CoinFeeder I tried the REV A & B and they both map the kick buttons to 6-8. Some SEGA manuals suggest that its 4-6 but thats not the case.

I'm assuming someone could read the chip on the IO and remap buttons 6-8 to 4-6 in code but I have no idea who would be willing to do this.

Does Rev A can be use in a namco system 369 Tekken tag 2 unlimited?

Hi, I need help identifying this type of I/O board. I thought it was a type of Sega Naomi I/O. It's not a Capcom I/O as the CN connectors are not cps2 kick harness connectors. Also, I noticed that it is missing a capacitor and another component seems to be missing to. Is this board busted? I haven't had the chance to try it yet as I don't have the power cable to the Naomi here yet. It should arrive in a week hopefully and then I can try it out. Should I just return this board to the seller?

Attachments

• IMG_3680-1.jpg
    IMG_3680-1.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3681-1.jpg
    IMG_3681-1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 110
Hi, I need help identifying this type of I/O board. I thought it was a type of Sega Naomi I/O. It's not a Capcom I/O as the CN connectors are not cps2 kick harness connectors. Also, I noticed that it is missing a capacitor and another component seems to be missing to. Is this board busted? I haven't had the chance to try it yet as I don't have the power cable to the Naomi here yet. It should arrive in a week hopefully and then I can try it out. Should I just return this board to the seller?
If this going to be used in naomi you can solder the 8 wure oftge molex.direct to the i/o and the two button 3 for 1 player and two player is in the black connector and you have to make a jumper wire to access the 3rd button or assist 1 of one 1p and 2p

If this going to be used in naomi you can solder the 8 wure oftge molex.direct to the i/o and the two button 3 for 1 player and two player is in the black connector and you have to make a jumper wire to access the 3rd button or assist 1 of one 1p and 2p
Yeah it’s going in Naomi. I noticed that there soldering done before on the board for 2 of the jamma edge connectors. So I need a modified connector for it to my cps2 hick harness? Are there official diagrams I can follow on how to connect the buttons?

Here is the pinout of the digital connector on these JVS. It's the same for all of them on that 60 pin connector:

io_naomi_jvs.gif

Back