What's new
Swap your Simms around to see if the error number changes. If not you have a drive issue.
I swapped the SIMMS around today just to see if there was a different error code or anything, and same problem - when loading SF3.3 version A it freezes on 6min 24 seconds. It appears this is the exact point it changes to the final SIMM (85%) to copy the last of the data.

Does anyone know which files on the disc are flashed to the 64mb main program SIMMS and what the offset is? It seems to work if I copy the data using the Darksoft menu, so I'm inclined to try that and see if it works. But I still suspect the motherboard is bad. I've got another disc drive and cable coming to try that and rule it out.

Last edited:
I also noticed this when I was having a look at the motherboard. When I queried MAME it turns out that these 3 162244 ICs work in tandem with a custom as controllers for the SIMMS (according to the MAME driver) and when I put a multimeter onto this IC these pins are in fact connected to the 2 main program SIMMS. I've cleaned them up as best I can and trying another reload - I don't think it's a coincidence I'm having issues with these SIMMS and that this controller IC has corroded pins.

I'm guessing this is like a souped up version of an LS244?

File 29-11-17, 15 16 18.jpeg

Hello @xodaraP, I have the exact same problem as yours with a cps3 mobo I just bought, with a superbios and scsi2sd setup, simms were working before with another mobo, I put them on this and they asked me to write again, since then, I always get stuck at 85%, did you manage to solve this ?

Back