What's new
Connected the OSSC (AV1) with the regeneration switch ON gave: NO SYNC in the display.

Connected the OSSC (AV1) with the regeneration switch OFF got the display to flash with:

261p, 15.43 KHz, 59.14 Hz

The sync LED stayed RED and there was no signal out.

I tried a few combinations powering F3 before OSSC but to no avail.
I had similar results with my F3 and OSSC when I tested it last night.

NO SYNC if HAS regeneration is ON

If HAS is set to buffered sync:
OSSC display: 261p, 15.44kHz, 59.18 Hz
After pressing Info on the remote, OSSC display: VMod: 256x240 LC: 162 VSM: 2
LED is Red with no output signal

Syncs perfectly with the Framemeister if HAS is set to buffered sync. FM doesn't sync otherwise.

Something interesting I've noticed is that when OSSC is cycling through F3's frequencies [15.43 KHz, 59.14 Hz, or whatever you might be getting], the menu navigation becomes much less responsive. The constantly changing frequency is clearly interfering in some way. I need several button presses on the remote to get to the next option, exit a menu, or whatever it is I'm trying to do with the remote.

Something interesting I've noticed is that when OSSC is cycling through F3's frequencies [15.43 KHz, 59.14 Hz, or whatever you might be getting], the menu navigation becomes much less responsive. The constantly changing frequency is clearly interfering in some way. I need several button presses on the remote to get to the next option, exit a menu, or whatever it is I'm trying to do with the remote.
For what it's worth this mimics a tri sync that has a signal it doesn't like. The OSD needs a stable signal.

For what it's worth this mimics a tri sync that has a signal it doesn't like. The OSD needs a stable signal.
Fortunately, this is only a minor annoyance, as it applies to OSSC's LCD, and once things are stable and the scaler locks onto the signal, everything is just fine. Like I said, I can get an image every time I boot the F3 up, but it might take one or two OSSC restarts and going through the display modes. I'm wondering if this image distortion on the upper edge of the screen can be corrected, though.

@RGB made me a special VGA adapter cable so I could experiment with this on the OSSC.

With this cable I am able to get the OSSC to sync to the F3!

Requirements:

HAS 3.1:
CN6 super special VGA cable from @RGB
TTL Level on Sync (JP2 Open)
SW1 in position B (Buffered Sync)

OSSC:
AV3: RGBS
H-PLL pre and post coast = 4

Do you get any kind of image distortion in the upper area of the screen with this setup? Check out this video to see what I mean. This is pretty much what I get with my setup. RGB SCART in, straight from the Supergun. No sync voodoo. I'd say in my case, the distortion isn't as pronounced, but it's definitely there. You can see it in my video as well.

is there a price on the cable?? I'll buy one asap

Do you get any kind of image distortion in the upper area of the screen with this setup? Check out this video to see what I mean. This is pretty much what I get with my setup. RGB SCART in, straight from the Supergun. No sync voodoo. I'd say in my case, the distortion isn't as pronounced, but it's definitely there. You can see it in my video as well.
No distortion at all on my setups. Tested on 2 different monitors with the OSSC.

@rtw Can you post pics of your setup/hook up and schematics of cables, settings, etc.. I need to make 3 of the cables. Thanks.

Will other systems sync using this cable as well? Any advantage to using this (VGA) over SCART for thoses systems?

As promised - https://oshpark.com/profiles/RGB

The adapter is simple, it takes the RGB+CSync and outputs that via the HD-15 connector (VGA). CSync is wired to HD-15 pin #13 as per the OSSC note http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#AV3_.28VGA.29

The OSSC's VGA port requires clean TTL level CSync, so as long as other systems provide that, it's just a matter of putting together a simple adapter cable (Scart to HD-15 or so).

Edit: I went ahead and made an adapter for previous HAS versions. It's especially handy if you already own an 8pin mini DIN cable for the XRGB mini, like this one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-MD8-...192598?hash=item569868cd56:g:Xx4AAOxyeZNTSTv9

Last edited:
As promised - https://oshpark.com/profiles/RGB

The adapter is simple, it takes the RGB+CSync and outputs that via the HD-15 connector (VGA). CSync is wired to HD-15 pin #13 as per the OSSC note http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#AV3_.28VGA.29

The OSSC's VGA port requires clean TTL level CSync, so as long as other systems provide that, it's just a matter of putting together a simple adapter cable (Scart to HD-15 or so).
Cool, placed an order for these. Thank you.

Reactions: RGB
Forgive my newb-ness, but I want to make sure I have this right.

To make this work with my HAS 3.0, I order one of the Oshpark boards, a HD-15 connector to solder in, and a row of pins to solder in so the adapter can plug into the stack on top of my 3P-4P connector.

Anything else? Any specific part number recommendations on the HD-15 connector and pins @RGB ?

Last edited:
For the MD8->VGA you will need a male VGA connector, it will plug directly to the OSSC. The 8pin mini DIN connector you linked to looks ok. edit - actually, that listing is weird, title says 8 pin, but in the description it's 6 pin.

As for usage, it can be used with newer HAS models (or even other superguns that output video via the 8pin mini DIN), too. I should change the description.

Both adapters will also work with the VGA->BNC cables :)

One thing to note - I forgot to ask @rtw to test the V3.0 with the F3, and the V3.0 buffers CSync differently than V1-V2.1 and V3.1. I'm sure the "unprocessed" CSync mode will do the trick, but all V3.0 owners - please wait for the final confirmation, sorry for a rushed announcement.

One thing to note - I forgot to ask @rtw to test the V3.0 with the F3, and the V3.0 buffers CSync differently than V1-V2.1 and V3.1. I'm sure the "unprocessed" CSync mode will do the trick, but all V3.0 owners - please wait for the final confirmation, sorry for a rushed announcement.
So I have tested the HAS 3.0 and it works!

Requirements:

HAS 3.0:
CN6 super special VGA cable from @RGB
TTL Level on Sync (JP3 Open)
JP2 in position: Buffered or Unprocessed

OSSC:
AV3: RGBS
H-PLL pre and post coast = 4

Back