What's new
So I have tested the HAS 3.0 and it works!
Requirements:

HAS 3.0:
CN6 super special VGA cable from @RGB
TTL Level on Sync (JP3 Open)
JP2 in position: Buffered or Unprocessed

OSSC:
AV3: RGBS
H-PLL pre and post coast = 4
I finally got around to trying this out with my HAS 3.0 and OSSC last night. Unfortunately even with @RGB’s adapter and @rtw’s settings, it still won’t sync for me. I tried a variety of settings on the OSSC, and I tried all three positions for JP2 on the HAS. Still works perfectly on the Framemeister though. I’m cursed!

1AC242B4-16E4-43C0-8B3E-3CD87D934FF3.jpeg

F59E9304-DE1F-48C8-9D23-3B3C6248CCFA.jpeg

I’m not finding any way to force RGBS instead of RGBHV for the AV3 VGA input. I’ve checked the OSSC Wiki and searched the menus. It sounds like the OSSC shifts to RGBS automatically if it detects a signal on Pin 13.

The adapter board/connector should plug into CN6 NOT the mini din

The adapter board/connector should plug into CN6 NOT the mini din
He got a newer one, not the "prototype" I sent you :) CN6 (or CN5 in V3)=8pin mini DIN. @ShootTheCore are you using TTL or 75R Csync? edit: sorry, I see that you checked both. The OSSC should show RGBS, though.

I wonder if the OSSC isn’t receiving the signal it expects on Pin 13 to kick it over to RGBS mode. Would it help if I probed that pin with my oscilloscope?

OK, I just checked and with the adapter and VGA cable in place, there is continuity between Pin 13 and the top pin of JP3.

Reactions: RGB
@RGB made me a special VGA adapter cable so I could experiment with this on the OSSC.

With this cable I am able to get the OSSC to sync to the F3!

Requirements:

HAS 3.1:
CN6 super special VGA cable from @RGB
TTL Level on Sync (JP2 Open)
SW1 in position B (Buffered Sync)

OSSC:
AV3: RGBS
H-PLL pre and post coast = 4

Thanks these settings helped!

Back