What's new
Well, picked up a complete BT kit and a "new" (to me) cassette deck and installed them on my Deco BT cocktail. After reseating some boards and reflowing solder to the cassette control connection on the Bios board I no longer have any cassetter error messages. However, the game hangs up on the blue screen with no countdown timer. After comparing the two cassette decks I noticed that the belt on the original one had disintegrated. The belt on the newer deck looks good. Not sure what to do at this point, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I have a series 3 boardset by the way.

Sad. Once this mutli is complete it will be an awesome cabinet.

I know, after thinking about it, will probably put the game into storage and wait for the multigame project to be completed. I have come so far with this thing and am SO CLOSE to getting it working. Silly cassette players.

Sold my game kits and non-working cassette decks, but kept the cocktail. So just waiting on this project to be completed . . . . . . . . . . . .

:D

I have also a deco cocktail with some game . I did not got yet the time to test it .

I found that on youtube .

It sound like a japanesse guy manage to have game load from a sd card adaptater

Looks like a cassette drive replacement solution but still requires the dongle.

Just bumping this to show my interest. I currently have a working DECO system, but would like to add this multi as soon as it's avail.

Thanks!

- Bret

We're getting there....
n489.jpg
2a4vak9.jpg

Only if you deliver to New Bern and it's still hot when you get here. :P

As my hands are pretty tied and this device needed some extra pair of hands. I got the help from Raf @ c64power.com

He helped inmensely on this project. As a result you can see below four new pieces of the Deco kit. We are working on a better version using SMDs that will be easier to assemble and with more commonly available parts.

We are still working on the menu, but we have made it compatible with widel's device so at least we have something to test it with.

We will include all the new recently added games and a new nice menu. Stay tuned for more.

dcvcdj.jpg

Truly exciting news!

I am a dear friend of Mr. Wood, who has indeed moved across country. It seems I may be picking up the torch for him back here in Minnesota on this project, and I anxiously await it's completion! One of the most well-deserved and needed multi's to (nearly) reach fruition - if not THE most.

I am in need of a cage/backplane for the early-series boards (DE-0068/69/70), and a single DE-0070 PCB if anyone can help out there as well. You all know this moniker and how to reach me I presume
:D

Following with bated breath!

Last edited:
This is getting closer and I'm getting excited! Cannot wait to get one when completed!

Thanks Darksoft!

- Bret

Back