What's new
Nice! Which game is that from? Is that dumped in MAME? As I said, emulating that extra rom should be relatively easy, but will require extensive changes in the game code...

It's from Treasure Island, so yes the roms are already dumped and it's correctly emulated in MAME.

Reactions: rtw
This is a truly inspiring project that actually makes you want to go out and buy one of these old systems

I don't have ANY experience with this but it reminds me of the Supercharger for the Atari 2600 that a few of us over at AtariAge got working (after some small modifications and a rewrite on a lot of 2600 roms) with a 4GB iPod mini that had all the games on it . It's a beautiful thing to watch

So I wonder if it is possible to use a Raspberry Pi to emulate the entire tape mechanism and security dongles that would feed the rest of the hardware the signal it needs to load the game ? Maybe that is essentially how this project has been handled but I have no clue

It's just very interesting to me, having worked with the Supercharger and seeing all the things an RPi can do for classic gaming like the Atari ST hard drive project that uses an RPi along with a custom PCB to emulate what the ST needs for a hard drive and other peripherals using Jookie's COSMOSEX, I can only assume it could be used for a ton of projects that would merge old and new hardware to allow us to enjoy the classic arcade goodness

I'll never be able to get a DECO but man this makes me want to

Who in Europe has a FAT Deco (older type). I need a tester. The fat deco version is slightly bigger and all boards are labeled with ending in 3, like i.e RMS3. In the newer ones all boards end with an 8.

No one? ||

OK who in the USA has a FAT Deco confirmed working? Please PM me.

Pretty sure you indicated earlier that my boardset was of the thin variety. currently in storage, but have pics if you need them

Pretty sure you indicated earlier that my boardset was of the thin variety. currently in storage, but have pics if you need them
Let me quote myself
Who in Europe has a FAT Deco (older type). I need a tester. The fat deco version is slightly bigger and all boards are labeled with ending in 3, like i.e RMS3. In the newer ones all boards end with an 8.
if the boards are labeled with ending in 3, then we are good.

If you don't have anyone, last option is Japan then ;)

Any guesses yet as to what the final price might be? Also do you think it'll be capable of being later updated if future undumped games turn up? It sounds like they're pretty close to having all known games dumped, but a few interesting ones like Flashboy and The Tower still remain illusive.

I myself have just purchased a DECO CT Burgetime that is missing the cassette and have been doing research on tracking down cassettes, a full kit or the Widel multi-game mod. Sadly, as others have experienced, I have had little luck so far. A member on KLOV posted this thread in my inquiry there about Deco games. Please let me know as you continue to move forward with this project as I am VERY interested. Also, if anyone has current contact info for Widel and is willing to share that, please let me know.

Thanks,
dane
I greatly desire one of these kits, if there's an interest list, sign me up.I have, I think, two tapes for Ocean to Ocean, which hasn't been dumped. Unfortunately, neither copy works. Is anyone interested in taking both copies and attempting to read both and combine to create a good dump?
contact @rtw please. They might be able to help.
Checked my stash, only had a single tape, which s now in the hands of Dumping Union. Thanks Darksoft & rtw for facilitating.

There's still the FAT/BIG system that isn't emulated at all :(
The reason no one knows it that it was only released in Japan, but it is the original first DECO Cassette system.
Fortunately the TEAC MT-2 itself is well documented, so it's just a matter of time if someone decides to work on it :)

Some games/revisions are only available/dumped for the big cassette version and cannot be released because of that.

Look at page 12/13 of this document to see the difference between the two :
http://www.gamepres.org/public/DE_160427p2ops.pdf

Great news that its in good hands.I can confirm that the kit works now 100% with both THIN and FAT version. Now hands on the menu...

Congratulations to Darksoft. This is another great milestone :)

Did anybody attempt to build a jamma adapter. I would be very interested in buy one if somebody decides to make a batch of them.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Put me on the list. My money is in hand and ready to buy!!

In the meantime does anyone know if a broken deco tape can be repaired?
or info on links to deco cassette player repair?

A broken tape can be repaired,member namida has the details.

Back