What's new
decoMech_tn.jpg

There are two versions. A phat version with factory jumpers running all over them or a smaller, newer version. They use different power and rgb connectors but will both run the multi fine.

Alright Guys. Here is the official list of every game that will be supported by the multi on release:

18 Challenge Pro Golf - JP
Angler Dangler - US
Astro Fantasia - US
Boulder Dash - US
Bump 'n' Jump - US
Burger Time - US
Burnin' Rubber - US Set 1
Burnin' Rubber - US Set 2
Cluster Buster - US
Disco No. 1 - US
DS Telejan - JP
Explorer - US
Fighting Ice Hockey - US
Fishing - JP
Flash Boy - JP Set 1
Flying Ball - US
Graplop - US
Hamburger - JP
Highway Chase - US
Lock 'n' Chase - US
Lucky Poker - US
Manhattan - JP
Mission X - US
Night Star - US Set 1
Night Star - US Set 2
Ocean to Ocean/V1 - JP
Ocean to Ocean/V6 - US
Oozumou-Grand Sumo - JP
Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory - US Set 1
Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory - US Set 2
Pro Bowling - US
Pro Soccer - JP
Pro Soccer - US
Pro Tennis - US
Rootin' Tootin' - US
La-Pa-Pa - JP
Scrum Try - US Set 1
Scrum Try - US Set 2
Skater - JP
Super Astro Fighter - US
Super Doubles Tennis - JP
Sweet Heart - US
Terranean - US
Tornado - US
Tournament Pro Golf - JP
Tournament Pro Gold - US
Treasure Island - US Set 1
Treasure Island - US Set 2
Zeroize - US

It's no secret that this multi is mildly based off of Widel's kit. We borrowed a kit to see how it ticked. We designed our own hardware though it functions the same way. We also examined how he hacked out the dongle check and found the patches to be pretty sloppy so we are in the process of re-patching all of the roms from MAME. The processor in the DECO is the same as in the Commodore 64, which was one of Darksoft's old favorites. Widel did good work, he just didn't understand the processor as well as Darksoft does. ;)

So when you say the patches were sloppy, does that mean there are functionality issues with any of the games? Also, which of these game are new compared to the Widel one?

Let me elaborate on this as I'm the one who cracked them. Out of 5 games I checked, I saw in 2 that not all checks where patched, which could be a problem.
As a long time 6502 programmer and cracker:
http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=10736

there are some things that are IMHO not done in an elegant way. For example, instead of pasting NOPS everywhere, a small JMP will be much simpler. Also instead of adding NOP instructions in a piece of code that ends in a RTS, you can simply leave the code as it is and just place a RTS in the 1st instruction of the subroutine. You may like this way of patching things or not, but with all respects for other types of coding I find it better so I hacked all the games in my way.

There are many cool features that I'm adding. One of them is the fact that games will be packed using modern PC packers and then unpacked just after loading on DECO, like old 8bit crunchers :) This is done only once right after loading. No decompression is done during gameplay of course, with almost 1Mhz, you can't start pushing the machine too much :)

Summarizing, our kit has the 49 games that Mitsu mentioned before. Widel's kit has these 27 games:
BURGERTIME
ICECREAMFACTORY
BUMPNJUMP
ROOTINTOOTIN
CLUSTERBUSTER
TORNADO
LOCKNCHASE
NIGHTSTAR
SUPERASTROFIGHTER
SWEETHEART
TERRANEAN
ICEHOCKEY
MISSIONX
ASTROFANTASIA
BOULDERDASH
LUCKYPOKER
FLYINGBALL
PROGOLF
PROSOCCER
PROTENNIS
PROBOWLING
TREASUREISLAND
ZEROIZE
HWYCHASE
EGGS
HWYCHASEFASTSHT
GRAPLOP

Thanks for the explanation.

you have Bump n Jump and Burnin' Rubber listed as US sets. I thought they were the same game with Burnin' Rubber being the JP name. Are they different?

That's how many of them are listed in MAME. Many are just different names for the same games. I'm sure many are actually the Japanese version of the game but there really isn't a way to tell from looking at the dumps if there is no Japanese text in the games. The title screens are usually all in English as well.

We just listed them the same way MAME has them listed. But I'm pretty sure you are right.

I have only one question, where i can find mobo?

Yahoo auction jp and ebay didnt help me(

You may find one on KLOV. Keep in mind this is not JAMMA. You need a cab or a serious wiring adapter. The problem I had when not testing in my cab was getting video to show properly. I was trying to convert rgb to composite last time I tried tho.

Do the packers show any nice border/screen effect?
Any intro's added? Trainers? Space bars to press?
I did a fair bit of 6502 back in my day, but mainly linking intro's and copying disks lol :)

Do the packers show any nice border/screen effect?
Any intro's added? Trainers? Space bars to press?
I did a fair bit of 6502 back in my day, but mainly linking intro's and copying disks lol :)
No way :) Maybe I'll add a nice screen. No intro or screen effect planned 8)

what no rotating 3D darksoft logo to show off how your 1337 skills can push the old CPU to it's limit?

utopia.png

Definitely in for one of these beasts. Got to get this weird little DECO cabaret working for when this comes out. :/

Thanks for doing these. You have the eternal gratitude... of me... and... probably like 2-3 other people. :D

Back