What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Naomi system.. I got the unit many moons ago.. the system gives video and audio but the joystick and buttons do not seem to work. I am not sure if I am missing a cable or dip switch setting.. If you have this setup please let me know what I am missing.. thanks

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 375
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 377
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 385
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 441
Bigger or closer-up pictures would be very helpful.

I don't recognise the JVS adapter from the picture, any chance of a closeup?

I've had issues with Sega V2's where the Naomi expects the coin meter to be connected before the controls will work. Think I fitted a 100 ohm resistor between +5V and meter-1 pin on jamma edge connector to fix it.

The USB A-B cable goes from the JVS-JAMMA to the USB port on the Naomi doesn't it?

He is using a JAMMA I/O rather than the JVS I/Os. Should still be workign for him though unless the I/O is faulty.

Thank you for the input guys. I will try to change the USB cable to see if that work then I guess move to getting a new I/O board.

Hi, have you tied to check your inputs in service mode ?
Be sure that the naomi is not configured in analog

I have not tried... thank you! right now I am enjoying the CPS2 Multy kit... I will get back to the noami at some point:)

Going back to this issue... no joystick input... not sure if I am missing a cable.. Question guys.. the USB cable on the picture is that for the Joystick input. How do I check to make sure that it is not configured in Analog and how it configured to the correct?

These are the input that I have
Audio
Video
Power
USB - the USB is that the input for the joystick to the JAMMA to the Naomi system?

thanks for the help..

edit - on the cab the coin, and service buttons work, just not the Joy sticks and push buttons

Last edited:
Going back to this issue... no joystick input... not sure if I am missing a cable.. Question guys.. the USB cable on the picture is that for the Joystick input. How do I check to make sure that it is not configured in Analog and how it configured to the correct?

Audio
Video
Power
USB - the USB is that the input for the joystick to the JAMMA to the Naomi system?

thanks for the help..
Nevermind! I misread!

Audio
Video
Power

thanks for the help..

edit - on the cab the coin, and service buttons work, just not the Joy sticks and push buttons
Yes, the USB cable that runs from the top of the Naomi to your I/O board handles all the controls (Joystick/Buttons/Start/Service/Test/Coin).

That is odd that your coin/service/test work on the cab but not the joystick/buttons. It does sound like it could be a problem with the i/o board and not the USB cable, since you're getting some inputs.

If you can find someone that has a Capcom I/O for sale, that's a good replacement that has an audio amp built in.

Last edited:
is is odd that the coin/service/test work.. i am not sure if I am missing a setting in the Naomi system or something to change the controller from whatever setting so it can work or are the I/O board just plug and play without any need to change anything.. I am a newbie at this so not sure of anything.

is is odd that the coin/service/test work.. i am not sure if I am missing a setting in the Naomi system or something to change the controller from whatever setting so it can work or are the I/O board just plug and play without any need to change anything.. I am a newbie at this so not sure of anything.
The I/O board is just plug and play. Most games wont even boot unless a compatible board is detected.

Here is how the joystick and buttons should be wired to the 60-pin connector:
io_naomi_jvs.gif

I would check to make sure the ground wire on your control panel is good, also make sure you have pin 1 and 3 jumpered together as that's what activates the I/O board.

EDIT: forget what I said above, the pictures didn't load for me innitially and I assumed you were using a normal Sega JVS I/O not a de-cased Capcom I/O.

The buttons and everything should still work just plugged in, but you'll definitely want to check your ground wire. Every button and joysticks switch on your control panel should share a single ground wire, if the wire is damaged it could prevent all of them from not working. Make sure your JAMMA connector is getting a good ground connectivity from the Capcom I/O and that you see that same connectivity in the control panel across the buttons and sticks.

I should also note that you really SHOULD NOT be drawing power from the Capcom I/O when using a DIMM board, if you're using something other than a cartridge you really should be using a proper JVS power supply connected directly to the NAOMI

Last edited:
Guys thank you very much for the good reply... the control panel grounds are good.. I'm using the cab with other board CPS2/Shinobi etc.. I am drawing power separatelly also in this cab. I will move on and look for a Capcom I/O.. thank you for the help...

Guys thank you very much for the good reply... the control panel grounds are good.. I'm using the cab with other board CPS2/Shinobi etc.. I am drawing power separatelly also in this cab. I will move on and look for a Capcom I/O.. thank you for the help...
from what I see in your pictures you're already using a Capcom I/O... just a decased one.

There is a switch on the Capcom I/O that changes controls to 4-player mode. Make sure it is not in the 4-player position.

There is a switch on the Capcom I/O that changes controls to 4-player mode. Make sure it is not in the 4-player position.
Mitsu - thank you! I looked and no change with thee 4 player jumper off or on. I tried in both of my Egreets... Now here is the odd thing, I tested on my HAS supergun and I get joystick input using the HAS Supergun. I could not test with a game because I do not have a way to power the CF but during the test input I can see feedback on the joy when I press up down, push buttons. I do not know what is the PIN difference on the cabs and the supergun or if the I/O card has been modified to worked with suppergun.. What a mystery.. Once I get my hands on another I/O board hopefully that will solve the problem because I want to play on my Egreets:)...

Another question - on the CF cards, to install the games,, is that as simple as downloading the game and copy and paste the game on the CF card or is there an spacial way of copying the games to a CF card? Thanks for the input:)

Back