What's new

penrhos

Grand Master
Reaction score
Anyone know how to wire up a mahjong panel to the MVS as I fancy giving them a try once I've got my hands on the multi and I can't find the webpage with the dip-switch settings and connections - I found one ages ago but either it doesn't exist anymore or my google-fu is not strong today.

I know you can use the AES controller plugged into P1 DB-15 with hard-dip #3 on but I want to wire up a Sega mahjong panel that just has a 12-pin plug on the end....

Last edited:
I've seen this diagram floating around... but I honestly don't know what it's compatible with nor have I ever tried to use it.

Mahjong_Pin.png

I have a Mahjong Panel for my Astro City Cab...never tested it with my mahjong MVS Games...will try it soon...maybe that helps

Not all Mahjong games support Mahjong panels. A lot of them are designed to be played with a simple Joystick and buttons. So it really depends on the game

The key to making Mahjong panels happy on Naomi is to use a 838-13683-93 JAMMA to JVS I/O board, and make use of the CN3 connector in tandem with the JAMMA header to wire up the matrix.

So as to not bother folks that can't handle "text wall" explanations, the verbose details can be found here: http://www.arcadehustle.com/mahjong.html

Attachments

• img_3260-1000-1.jpg
    img_3260-1000-1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 310
Back