What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, i`ve been trying to figure out why i got some weird colors on my crt TV with a supergun, with no sucess. But i found something interesting:
https://ibb.co/dFOqMk

The colors are changed. Any idea?

This may seem like a really silly question, but are you *positive* that your red is wired to red, etc?

Because if you wired green to red, blue to green, and red to blue, you'd end up with that image.

Fwiw I have a PVM where you have to run Red-to-green, green-to-blue, and blue-to-red. No idea why but it works like that. Try swapping some cables!

it`s weird because in cps2 and neo geo works fine. why would in cps3 change? well, even if i try, my supergun is all in a pcb, no wires, except for kick harness. hmmm, to change that, i would need to desolver all the jamma plug from it i think, but i would risk cps2/neo geo ok...

I wouldn't change anything on the pcb, just reareagnge the wires to your monitor.

it`s just composite or s-video with the supergun. can`t change the rgb

Sounds like the wires from the Jamma edge on the supergun to the video encoder. Should be easy enough to swap them around using the Jamma pinout.

Edit... Only one pcb doing this? Spooky. Any other way for you to test the cps3? Any weird repairs on the board?

well, since i can`t find a rgb monitor(my last one got broken), the only way is to test in a normal CRT with original JAMMA wiring. Well, right now i`m thinking about buying some JAMMA 2 SCART from retroelectronik. But i have a problem - in brazil, we don`t have SCART tvs. So, i`m play to use an adapter SCART-->COMPONENT. Would i miss something, like the sync? It is a good idea?

Skate,are u saying this?
wiring like:

Sf3 pcb RED --> supergun RED, instead of the supposed green.

and doing the same with the other colors?
Well, since in cps2 and neo geo are fine, maybe the jamma in CPS3 colors has some diference in order of colors compared to the last ones. But doing this i could do some harm to the pcb? I just know my PCB around here and i`m afraid to lose it.

well, i created my own set modding a crt tv to rgb and it worked!
thx!

But now i have another question - how could i split the signal to another tv + recording the gameplay?Like in the tournaments.

how could i split the signal to another tv + recording the gameplay?Like in the tournaments
You need a scart Matrix. Or a component matrix, depending on where you want to do the splitting.

It'll do X amount of inputs, and X amount of outputs. They're usually labeled like 6:2 or 4:4 or 6x2 4x4. The second number is outputs, first is inputs. Shinybow makes excellent scart and component matrixes. Lots of companies do, but I have had an excellent experience with Shinybow.

I can vouch for Shinybow SCART matrixes as well. I used their 6x2 SCART matrix for a couple of years and it was great, though now I use the gscartsw automatic switch.

Back