What's new
@strygo

Each game has a unique boot rom, sound rom, security chip, and HD/CF. they're all in MAME except for the security chip, but those are for sale in a few places still.

Hopefully someday we can write our own security chips... the logic is in MAME I just have no idea how to put it to use. I usually write my own CF, boot, and sound roms, and buy a security chip from toplessz on KLOV.

Anyway a few games will also need specific I/o boards to play, like carnevil and California speed.

Hopefully someday we can write our own security chips... the logic is in MAME I just have no idea how to put it to use. I usually write my own CF, boot, and sound roms, and buy a security chip from toplessz on KLOV.
The required files to duplicate the security chips are not currently in MAME.

If anyone is willing to donate security chips, I can get them decapped and dumped.

Last edited:
The required files to duplicate the security chips are not currently in MAME.
If anyone is willing to donate security chips, I can get them decapped and dumped.
If this is any good i can send it over :)

Attachments

• IMAG1053.jpg
    IMAG1053.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 343
@ekorz replied to your private message!

@Hammy ekorz messaged me with offer to send some PICs, including Blitz. Will keep you in mind if we end up needing another :)

Just do what I do and watch ebay for boot chips n PICs, I got quite a few games for cheap that way. Pic is random blurry example of the chips I've picked up off ebay over the years.

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
In case anyone wants to contribute more PICs, I sent in these:

War Gods
gauntlet legends
Gauntlet dark legacy
Carnevil
Blitz 99 (but I think regular blitz uses the same chip)
Mace: the Dark Age
Bio Freaks

I can't speak for @brizzo on if/when they will be doing another decapping batch but I'd love to see every PIC on these midway platforms dumped :thumbsup:

I'm trying to recoup my cost - but not matter what I will be releasing the UNSECURED Cruisin USA PAL dumps on April 1. I got someone to hack them so I could duplicate them.. and will give the files up at the end of the month.. until then I have cruisin usa link kits available ;)

(sorry to hijack the thread - but it goes along with the security chips)

yes, releasing anything on april 1st will be suspected as a scam/joke by many people!!

lol.. perhaps.. but its being released on a reputable site.. and the creator of the gal has a great rep.. so im not too worried.

I just posted a followup to one of my other threads..

Jrok cracked the gal a few weeks ago.. I tested the reproduction jed file on replacement gals and put them into 2 linked cruisin usa's with 100% success in linking the two cabinets. The jed was sent over to the team at jammarcade.net to be released april 1st. I only waited this long to try and sell a few kits to recover the cost of having to buy a working pcb for cruisin to send to jrok for testing/cracking, and cover all my shipping/insurance cost for the effort. Though I sold a few kits.. i didnt recoup the cost.. however at the same point -- its time to release the file and let others that need it and have the ability to burn them have them..

so watch jammarcade come april 1.. or when ever they update. The guys there offered to help me crack it if I sent them the board but jrok was in the us and the cost of shipping was cheaper here than across the pond.. as true to my word I sent the admins the file last week letting them know that it is free to be shared after the 1st.

Thanks all for those of you that assisted with whatever information you had, and for those of you who offered to take a crack at it.

- Rick

what's the delta on your cost? what's your paypal addy? I don't have a driving cab but would chip in anyway

The board was $172 after shipping, another $100 for shipping back and forth to jrok, and then like $60 in misc parts cost (burner, blanks, etc)

I appreciate the offer.. I really do.. but I couldnt accept it.. feel free to donate something to this board or to jammarcade for their day to day cost..

I sold 1 kit for $75 (minus parts and ebay fee) and sold the cruisin board I bought for jrok for $100.

so I recouped $145 out of 340$ my plan is to keep selling the kits from this endevor.. and by releasing the jed file to the community helping it back out at the same time..

Cheers mate.. I would just feel bad having you give it to me.. knowing that other that hounding a bunch of people all I did was chase down leads to get someone to crack it.. in the end.. the goal is to give it back to everyone.. and helping jammarcade out too for hosting it just is the right thing to do.

well.. I mean.. if THATS ALL.. let me just reach into my spare change wallett and get that for you.. ;)

Back