What's new
Maybe it's an obvious thing but are you confident that the multi sits properly on the Taito F3 mobo??? Can you double check?

It certainly looks like it is. I even put it in a cartridge to make sure I could lock it in and that did not help. Hard to know just how far down the card should go, but it seem like it is well seated. I noticed sound is also a bit random on games as well as the pixel mess on some other/same games.

I got already 2 people with the same problem and issue was not properly sitting cart. One of them also had it in the plastic case. Let me quote:

"Got it to work! I double check the cart case and I heard a click when I firmly pressed on to it, so I supposed it was not making full contact as you suspected!.
Now everything is working great! ... thanks again for your prompt help/responses."

Just make sure the posts that had to be removed to do the region free hack are completely gone all the way to the bottom. It's easy to leave a bit of the post sticking up.

Make sure them region pins are grinded down all the way and make sure each tab/connector is pressed in firmly and seated properly, while press 1 in another connector might get a little loose, just go over them a couple times.

Hi
Just to throw my grenade into the mix. Is mine the same issue as above or fault?

Cheers

Adam

I worked on it again today. Really spent extra time filing around and cleaning the region pins. I tried some pictures, but I just could not get an angle clear enough to really show what it looks like. I did not start will a fresh motherboard. Whoever I bought it from had kind of grinded around the region pins enough for a US board to plug in. Therefore, I have had to really work around those pins to get everything off. It really seems like I did enough, but I will likely go buy a grinding bit for my rotary tool and see if I can do more. Also, hopefully, I can get together with @Outside of Time at the end of the month to prove one way or the other if it is the pins or not. Just wanted to update everyone since you guys are so great at offering advice.

Yeah, keep updating if only for the support of the community. It does bum people when they read about a problem.

I had problems with one of my multis and a fellow member pointed out how to remedy the situation.

If you are still having issues you can send it to me to look at.

Ok, can you send me your address information in a PM? Thanks.

Back