What's new

Dreamstate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having issues with the games all having major messed up pixels. Someone else started to have this issue, but the thread died. The regular Puzzle Bobble 4 cart I have works perfect. Any idea what to look for?

Maybe a bit obvious, but is the multi seated correctly on the motherboard?
Have the region lock out tabs been removed till the bottom of the connector, so the multi's connectors are in 'deep' enough?

And have you tested/reformatted another SD card?

So, I think they are cleaned out enough. I think I might just go ahead and clip them out completely to be sure. Someone "region modded" the board before I got it and it was done a bit sloppy since the boards just have a big hole there and not individual pins.

I have not tested another SD card. This is the one they sold with the MultiBoard and it seems to read fine, but if it makes sense to try another, I can use one from my other multi Darksoft boards!

Thanks for the advice.

Ok, I have tried another sd card, re-downloaded the pack to make sure there was no corruption, clipped and cleaned even better on the motherboard, and I have some new information. First, it did not fix my pixel issue on games like Hatrick Harry, Arabian Magic, and the other soccer game, but I did notice there are a number of games that work fine. Twin Qix, Twin Cobra, Puzzle Bobble 4 for example look perfect. Looking for additional ideas here.

If you apply some pressure on the ARM processor (very light pressure and carefully). Do you see any change?

No. On one game the sound stopped, but no video change at all.

Try updating the firmware and using a formatted smaller microSD (4gb or less).

Update also your profile with your approx. location please.

Using 4Gb on both cards I have tried. As for Firmware, is there a link that is easy to find? I have one, but I don't know what version it is.

No luck. Firmware did not change the issue. Anything else I can try?

Oh wow, we live in the same city! I can take a look at your board when I get back into town at the end of the month, If you haven't fixed it by then. Have you tried reflowing the GPU?

No, mostly because I want to make sure it it not the Darksoft board. I only have one Motherboard and it works with the only cartridge I have. Let me know when your back. Never know and thanks for the offer.

Awesome that you guys live close, more ways to test and another set of eyes. ;)

Darksoft is still looking at ADSA's pcb. It should give us clues.

Ok thanks for the update. Did not mean to repeat above.

Find anything out? Not trying to be pushy, I just hate having this much money sunk into something I can't use and I am hoping you guys found something.

Back