What's new

arcadeWC

Professional
Reaction score
I am trying to connect an original Crazy Taxi steering wheel and brake/accelerator to an S-JIHP so it can be used for "any" driving game through net-booting. Can anyone help provide a guide of how to connect these to the S-JIHP or how to create a loom that will work for this function? Greatly appreciated! Using the original hardware to play all the driving games with the S-JIHP seems to be a noble task and a great way to play all the great driving games with the S-JIHP.

Yes - hopefully @Mitsurugi-w will provide some insight. Planning to use the S-JIHP in the same fashion as the proposed Mega JVS that hasn't been produced yet. Netbooting all the driving games with original Crazy Taxi hardware - hoping it works.

It shouldn't be much different than wiring home made wheels and pedals. 3 wires to each pot, +5, signal, gnd. Reverse the +5/gnd if one is backwards. IIRC signal wise, steering wheel is ad0, gas/brake are ad1/ad2. This is all in threads for the S-JIHP.

Really all you should need is to find the pinout for the pedal or wheel connector. I tried finding the crazy taxi service manual but they all cut off before the wiring diagrams.

If you already have crazy taxi in a cab you may not even need the input helper PCB, but if you want to just get wheels/pedals and run outside a NAOMI cab then it's a good idea to pick one up.

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the "input helper PCB"? I don't have it running right now in a Crazy Taxi cabinet, I am trying to add it to a regular upright cabinet and use for driving games for Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce through net-booting. Yes - I can't find a good pinout sheet for the Crazy Taxi control panel either (wheel/shifter) - hoping someone might have some insights. The brake/accelerator appears to be universal with most Sega driving games. I wish there was a loom available that would address this with the S-JIHP for "plug and play" - not good with testing and playing with the inputs to see what is correct or not.

Pictures of your controls and their connectors would be very helpful.

Back