What's new

superchill

Beginner
Reaction score
My Taito F3 multi board finally arrived yesterday (; but unfortunately my motherboard won't work with it ;(
The multi appears to have no problems reading an SD card and writing games, but I just can't get it to boot... the screen just flashes as if theres no cart inserted. It's a European mobo and boots fine with my Puzzle Bobble 3 cart. I've attempted reseating it multiple times, re-flashing the firmware and nothing seems to work. Could there be an issue with the region free mod? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a pic of the multi in the motherboard:
http://imgur.com/5TMuAdq
5TMuAdq.jpg

Snap some pics of the region free mod?

If you didn't install the reset wire, then you'll see some flashing on the screen. Look at the LCD display to see the status on loading the game. Did it finish loading (all asterics till the end of the display ******)

Here's a pic of the mod, it's not the cleanest (I did it before I knew you could just snap the tabs off with pliers) but the board seems seat all the way and the original cart still boots post-mod.

http://imgur.com/a/eaA0s

@darksoft: the flashing is the screen blinking green or blue (it does this when there's no cart inserted). the LCD shows it finishes loading (with now playing info, etc) just like the CPS2 multi, but it doesn't boot

one of the LCD buttons broke off in shipping (I'm not sure if anything also happened to the board) so I'm using the CPS2 multi LCD

http://imgur.com/a/bUpaw

Since you have updated the firmware on the multi already, try the following
Make sure a regular game cart boots/plays fine on the MB
With that confirmed, plug in the multi, make sure ites seated properly
Load a game, to the point that it says now playing
If the game doesnt appear to boot/start up on the screen, press the reset button on the motherboard and see if that starts it up.
If that doesnt work, load another game on the multi and try again.
Also, might as well check your voltages in you setup with the multi to make sure they are within range
If all that fails, inspect the multi board carefully to see if there is any damage anywhere/missing smd component(s)

Better yet, If possible and to eliminate all doubt, try it on a different Europe MB that is working with another DS multi.

Just go thru the process of elimination to see what is the fault.

Better yet, If possible and to eliminate all doubt, try it on a different Europe MB that is working with another DS multi.
I've tried it in my astro city and on a mak strike supergun (tried 5v and upping it to 5.1v, as some other posts mentioned) I've also tried holding the reset button (and also mashing it). Unfortunately, I don't have a spare motherboard :1(

Did you order from ksiegarnia back during preorders?

Just wondering if there is still hope for us that haven't received ours.

@kuze yeah, I preordered mine from ksiegarnia received the shipment notification email back on Jul 26. It arrived this week

@kuze yeah, I preordered mine from ksiegarnia received the shipment notification email back on Jul 26. It arrived this week
thanks, yeah I received my shipping notification on July 21. sorry to hear about the damage to yours.

I wonder if your broken button is causing it to be stuck. Load a different game until it says now playing. Turn it off and unplug your lcd and boot again.

If that doesn't work try reformatting your SD card or try a different one. You are using the roll-up pack, right?

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Ok, so maybe this should have been obvious, but I had a 16GB SD card in there that was probably causing issues. I switched it out for a 1GB card, re-flashed a game and it booted right up. weird... well, Awesome! Works great now! lesson learned :| :thumbup:

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Ok, so maybe this should have been obvious, but I had a 16GB SD card in there that was probably causing issues. I switched it out for a 1GB card, re-flashed a game and it booted right up. weird... well, Awesome! Works great now! lesson learned :| :thumbup:
Glad it was a simple fix. Get a 4GB card and you will be all set. What brand sd cards are you using.

how did you format the 16GB card?
I haven't reformatted the non-working card yet to see if that solved the issue, but I originally formatted it as FAT32 on a Mac. The 1GB was formatted as FAT32 on in windows and that worked great. Weird that it recognized the 16gb SD card and appeared to flash properly but would otherwise not work

And naturally, my F3 muti is now having issues for some reason...https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i1e7sw04ngss4f610rge8/F3.MOV?rlkey=ikyo9666gy96oki01j7doazsx&dl=0

Make sure everything fits right in place, try with a different motherboard and microSD.

Back