What's new
this is great sure beats keeping a sheet around to tell you what jumpers to change.

Ok, first I hope this in ok for site owners

I only first build 4-5 units to test the board and the parts and to get feedback about the selecting software etc. If you guys like it, I'll do my best to build one for anyone interested.

What comes to the price it will be something like this if I really try to get parts cheap

pcb 8€
arduino clone nano or pro micro 4-5€
ICs, headers etc 4€?
LCD screen shield 2.5-5€

Let's say that parts would make it 20-30€. But this is only if I order parts in small batches so I don't pay VAT and customs when they arrive in Finland.

Of course there is some work and too damn high Finnish postage fees to add there but I was thinking like adding just few euros to every unit to cover the work part.

EDIT: of course you need also some wires etc, I'm using the flat cable I ordered with the multicart.

Last edited:

I only first build 4-5 units to test the board and the parts and to get feedback about the selecting software etc. If you guys like it, I'll do my best to build one for anyone interested.

What comes to the price it will be something like this if I really try to get parts cheap

pcb 8€
ICs, headers etc 4€?
LCD screen shield 2.5-5€

Let's say that parts would make it 20-30€. But this is only if I order parts in small batches so I don't pay VAT and customs when they arrive in Finland.

Of course there is some work and too damn high Finnish postage fees to add there but I was thinking like adding just few euros to every unit to cover the work part.

EDIT: of course you need also some wires etc, I'm using the flat cable I ordered with the multicart.
sounds good to me

pcb 8€
ICs, headers etc 4€?
LCD screen shield 2.5-5€

Looks awesome to me. Please go ahead.

I am absolutely interested in one of these. Stating this here mostly so I can tag the thread and be good to go when it's for sale. Great work!

Please mark me down as "interested"... either in kit form or in completed form...

:)

@miisalo, I ordered a production of a batch of 50 units, which will be finished in 3 weeks. I don't have time at the moment to do the LCD thing, so I think the best bet for everybody is your LCD display. Please let us know your progress on this.

Based on Darksoft's post above, I'd like 2 of your solution if you make some.

Sorry, I have been busy doing promised mods for friends and helping to setup new kickboxing gym, I forgot to order the pcbs. I already have 10 arduino nanos that I grabbed really cheap and about 14-15 displays + most of the pin headers I need. I quickly added two extra pins for future development (example for controlling relay) and I can now order batch of pcbs for testing. I started to write program that could be used to update names to the "firmware" but I'll just save time and release the arduino sketch, IDE is so easy to use that anyone can then use that to customize the names and maybe make the menu better.

I never thought that there would be so much interest for this :)

PS. I ordered 10 pcbs (probably get few extra). Takes some time to get here.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it... but what is the estimated price on this device?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Same as was before in USD, that's $230
I think he means the game selector device.
Correct...
:)
I managed to get: arduino nano for 1.75€ and screens 2.80€, I also ordered lot of headers and I can say that per board they will be less than 1€. Then board needs two 4066 ICs or similar and even if I pick them locally they are only 1-1.5€ together, cheaper HCTs should work. Then I ordered prototype boards to get them bit faster than cheaper mass production order. PCBs will be between 10€-15€ pcs depending if I need to pay customs and how many extra boards I will get etc. Next batch would cut the PCB price a lot, if I checked it correctly 20pcbs would be 50-60$ + then postage + about 24% of taxes and customs when I get them..

So that would make maybe 20€ and then you need wires, harwin connectors or similar to connect reset signals, GND and VCC and ribbon cable with 2x6 pin connectors. Probably no sense to send wires...

For those not comfortable to do soldering work etc with the board, I do have some Jamma fingerboards/connectors and bunch on cheap relay modules. I could think about simple adapter that takes care of the power and reseting the board controlling +5V signal with relay. But its more parts (=costs), lot of extra work and I would need to use generic chinese relay modules that don't have experience with.

I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, so I try not to do too much work myself here. I'll also add "waiting list" to this thread in that order that I have already gotten private messages and people have asked here. It's only fair that those who asked first will get then served first.

I will also need to write tutorial...Damn...lot of work here :)

oh, forgot to mention that postage fees from Finland are outrageous.

EDIT: It also needs 7 pulldown resistors, I used SMD size 1206 1KOhm (103) for easy soldering.

Last edited:

Thanks!
Same as was before in USD, that's $230
I think he means the game selector device.
Correct... :)
I managed to get: arduino nano for 1.75€ and screens 2.80€, I also ordered lot of headers and I can say that per board they will be less than 1€. Then board needs two 4066 ICs or similar and even if I pick them locally they are only 1-1.5€ together, cheaper HCTs should work. Then I ordered prototype boards to get them bit faster than cheaper mass production order. PCBs will be between 10€-15€ pcs depending if I need to pay customs and how many extra boards I will get etc. Next batch would cut the PCB price a lot, if I checked it correctly 20pcbs would be 50-60$ + then postage + about 24% of taxes and customs when I get them..

So that would make maybe 20€ and then you need wires, harwin connectors or similar to connect reset signals, GND and VCC and ribbon cable with 2x6 pin connectors. Probably no sense to send wires...

For those not comfortable to do soldering work etc with the board, I do have some Jamma fingerboards/connectors and bunch on cheap relay modules. I could think about simple adapter that takes care of the power and reseting the board controlling +5V signal with relay. But its more parts (=costs), lot of extra work and I would need to use generic chinese relay modules that don't have experience with.

I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, so I try not to do too much work myself here. I'll also add "waiting list" to this thread in that order that I have already gotten private messages and people have asked here. It's only fair that those who asked first will get then served first.

I will also need to write tutorial...Damn...lot of work here :)

oh, forgot to mention that postage fees from Finland are outrageous.
Sounds great! Count me in for one.

If you still have one, I'd like to add th to my ST-V!
Nice work.

Back