What's new
Looking for the source code to use for the lcd. Mines is acting up when trying to select the games for it. Have to use jumpers for now. Anyone with a link or something of the source code to use?

Can you please describe what do you mean with "acting up"?

@stt1I haven’t seen it but I heard that all games are working fine with the jumpers but some games aren’t loading when using the lcd selector.

Correct 'APDWaldo6' i'm currently having this issue now. But idk hopefully i can be help in the morning where he's from.

Did the lcd selector ever work? Trying to get a hold of Cruz and give him my files to see if it will work.

Cause he wanted to not have the ino file but look at what's flashed on the actual screen through the pc. Cause it's giving him different games then what he's selecting. So he is trying to see what else can it be.

Last edited:
What I understood: situation is that the selector seems to work (games will load), but some games loaded are not the ones which were selected. Two things came to my mind: selector ribbon cable to multicart is upside down or games in SD card are not in same order as they should be/some games have been removed.

The cable has been tried on both ways, that did not help (though, it must affect that different "wrong" games are loaded according to which way the cable is put).

There is latest software in the selector.

The next to resolve is: are the games in exactly correct order in the SD card? Are all game folders present in the SD card?

@[SIZE=2]APDWaldo6[/size] - is it possible for you to take your complete setup to his place and change pieces one by one for checking up what part of his system is not working correctly? Test also ribbon cable and if it's the selector, try changing the arduino - it's in socket, so you can change it easily, just keep in mind how to put it, it's possible to put it too low.

a flaky ribbon cable could cause problems like that too. the wires in those things are so thin they break with very little cold working.

Thanks to @APDWaldo6 for lending me his lcd selector. As soon as I got home I plugged his in and it worked perfectly on the multi. I proceed to copy his .ino and upload it to the non functioning selector. Unfurtunately this did not fix the bad selector. My next step was to remove the Arduino from the working selector and swap it to the non working selector, this actually worked. That narrowed it down to the problem being the nano itself. I put on my magnifying headset and took a closer look at the non working nano and found a short on it's chip. After a reflow I am happy to say the nano and selector work as they should. Short on Arduino nano https://imgur.com/gallery/gDg8zy9

Perfect that you got it working. That slipped completely through the testing phase without giving problems - during testing I loaded three games with no problems. Apparently exactly three games which loaded correctly and same games as stated in LCD ||

Hi, is there an active link for the source file? I'd like to run an update on my LCD game selector.
Thanks

Are these still being sold? I don't have an LCD selector but I'm interested in picking one up

At the moment no stock and no parts for building more. And during past month (or even two?) you're second one to ask for one.

Sorry, but interest for these is still too low level at the moment that I would order more PCBs and other stuff...

is there any chance a python script, raspberrypi and a LCD hat could do this job ? Not sure if the RPI has enough GPIO's to be able to control on/off on all the ST-V multi's jumpers (and deal with the LCD hat). I am looking at getting a ST-V multi soon, so researching options. The python script used on the sega naomi (triforce tools) isn't overly complicated and does a great job.

I'm not familiar enough with the RPi to know how many GPIO lines the LCD hat uses, but the ST-V should only need one line for each DIP switch - that's six lines.

there are plenty, the LCD only uses 2 data pins.
Raspberry-GPIO.jpg

A friend 3d printed the selector screen housing for me. What hardware (screws, nuts, etc.) do I need to lock it together?

Back