What's new
Got mine in the mail today, looks great thanks :)
Now to get my bloody ST-V to boot again.. it was working, then just stopped giving me a picture ?( ?(

I received the selector recently and finally ordered and received a ribbon cable to match. I briefly tested today and it’s working out well. It’s a very nice product and is much more convenient.

I haven’t set up the sound or reset wires yet. That will be a project for another day.

Got more parts in, I will have more selectors in stock Monday or Tuesday.

I just received my selector and multi cart. I'm looking for some clarification on the reset wiring for the selector. If I'm understanding correctly:
  1. the selector board resets the multi cart when you select a game
  2. once the game is programmed successfully, the multi cart will reset the STV motherboard
So the wiring is the following:
  1. STV Multi Cart gets wired from the RESET pad to pin 8 on IC12.
  2. Selector gets wired from P4 or P5 to the header pin directly above edge connector pin 55 on the Multi Cart

Or, do both the multi cart and selector get wired to pin 8 on IC12?

Got more parts in, I will have more selectors in stock Monday or Tuesday.
Actually... NO, unless someone likes to have something different looking displays.

Chinese seller sent me displays with yellow backlight and black characters. Works fine, but color theme is not as expected. I requested a refund...

Waiting to have more parts...

Hmm, I wonder if there is some issue with the instruction then. That PDF is pretty early one...

Anyway, perfect that you got it working.

Somebody here also sold 3D printed covers. I don't remember anymore who...

I'm close to finalizing my ST-V multi setup, I think I just need a cart label and a kick harness.

I wanted everything mounted clean on a board to slide into my Blast City.

I ended up making a custom cable for the multi-selector and the power, reset, and sound wires. The ribbon cable just seemed too messy. I also tried to be as discrete as possible with the sound and reset wires. I took a cart from a dead game and cut holes for the wire harnesses and access for the SD card and selector headers just in case. I also switched the multi-select board header pins to right angles so the wires lay flat.

The back of the ST-V multi is a great place to get sound and ground. I used 2 right angle header pins and a 3x1 dupont connector, the spacing is perfect.

Flickr Album https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMbFpZy

Some pics below.

49699053211_94d71b6b39_z.jpg

49699363462_29644f7cc3_z.jpg

49698522488_73c1629179_z.jpg

49699363587_1fc79e6f2c_z.jpg

49699053286_8c25efd829_z.jpg

49698522478_59dd7ff152_z.jpg

jeffpin - your setup looks really cool 8)

I know that the covid-19 situation is really difficult around and some people have limitations like not to get anywhere else than in gorcery shop and pharmacy etc. Also some countries have shipping limitations... BUT:

If somebody other is interested in these selectors, I have more ready for sending out.

ALSO, due to previous mishap with shipment from China, I have now also another display type to offer. Price is exactly same for both options, and this is limited time offer. The other display is the familiar white characters on blue, another (limited availability for now) is black characters on yellow background... See the comparison picture below. I would say that the yellow version might be better for bright places... Picture was taken with flash on, so the actual look on hand is brighter on both as it shows.

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_004150417.jpg
    IMG_20200325_004150417.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
@stt1 Found a multi-cart, still working on getting the ST-V itself, but assuming I get it all worked out I'd be interested in the LCD controller as well. Let me know price and availability. Thanks!

can someone help me with sega c2 installation or really @rewrite since hes doing it for me.

Last edited:
@Kujako - PM coming

@ark125 - PM answered

@8bitforlife - PM answered - also here: Afaik no one has installed this with C2 yet. Basically it should be possible though. I can't confirm or test as I have none C2 boards or multi for C2. For M72 I'm going to test myself, when I find time to put my M72 kit in use... Some day - at the moment life is pretty hectic.

I made a video long time ago showing that is possible.
On the video I was using the stv code so the titles are wrong:

Back