What's new
At least with old firmware, selector needs to reset both st-v and the cart to start the flashing if I recall correctly? So therefore one connection to the reset line of the processor on the cart and one for the st-v's reset line. Auto reset firmware needs the output connection (pull down) from cart to the st-v's line to reset the board after flashing so that board will read new game from the cart.

BUT if the flashing starts just resetting the multicart and that will not crash the system as the memory changes on the fly, then selector only needs to be connected to the programming connector of the cart and carts reset line is only thing connected to st-v board.

I have busy day tomorrow but I'm going to try to update my multicard on Sunday, so I can actually test the best way :)

And if I just write nonsense, I have been ill for two weeks..

So updated the autoreset firmware and mitsurugi-w is correct, cart starts the update just reseting it, so

WITH AUTO RESET FIRMWARE SELECTOR DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO THE ST-V BOARDS RESET. INSTEAD CONNECT THAT LIKE IN THE FIRMWARE'S INSTRUCTION!

I will update the document later with pictures!

EDIT: Just let me first test with reseting the cart while game is on to check that it does not result to something like sound issues etc while flashing.

Works perfectly! No issues, I think firmware pulls reset down while flashing :)
have you tried with the double connection or connecting only the other autoreset point?

EDIT:
sorry i've read only your last post and not the previous one

Hey guys. Literally just waiting for one more batch of cable to show up from China to put these kits together.

Also, I looked at the JAMMA edge reset thing. I'll play around with it and test it here soon. I'm not sure I want to get into building those by hand but maybe I can throw together DIY kits if you guys want them.

My Sega ST-V came in yesterday. Thank you Darksoft!

20160428_201111.png

All I need now is a Sega ST-V mobo ^^

Hello miisalo, if it possible, i would like to have one :)

Hey USA guys. I finally got all of the cables we need to do send these to you. I hand crimped most of the cables to be custom sizes etc. The only thing you will need to tell me is the ribbon cable. If you previously bought a remote kit then you will not need to buy a new ribbon cable from me and it will save you a few bucks. All cables were made to the length you will need if mounting the selector to the pcb itself. If you need longer cables then I would need to custom make those for you.

Also, I found a nice spot on the pcb where you can add a two pin header to power the selector. I like this spot because it means fewer wires connected to the cart itself.

Anyways, the instructions need to be rewritten for the newest firmware. After that I'm ready to start selling them.

So if we were corresponding with Miisalo and are in the US, Mitsurugi-w will be fulfilling our order?

So if we were corresponding with Miisalo and are in the US, Mitsurugi-w will be fulfilling our order?
Yes, that's right. Discussion was made here in this thread, I tried also to inform people with private message but I probably forgot you from the loop. I had to pay over 20 euros for some shipments so it made sense to send 18 selectors once to mitsurugi-w to fullfill current and some future orders.

Hey USA guys. I finally got all of the cables we need to do send these to you. I hand crimped most of the cables to be custom sizes etc. The only thing you will need to tell me is the ribbon cable. If you previously bought a remote kit then you will not need to buy a new ribbon cable from me and it will save you a few bucks. All cables were made to the length you will need if mounting the selector to the pcb itself. If you need longer cables then I would need to custom make those for you.

Also, I found a nice spot on the pcb where you can add a two pin header to power the selector. I like this spot because it means fewer wires connected to the cart itself.

Anyways, the instructions need to be rewritten for the newest firmware. After that I'm ready to start selling them.
Sweet! Looking forward to it.

Hey guys. Do me a favor. I threw together an installation manual for those who will receive their selector from me. Please download this and tell me if it is clear enough. Keep in mind that this is only for installation. Please refer to Misalo's manual for how to use the device. The installation portion of his manual is a bit dated since it was written with the original cart firmware still installed. Please note I show two options for powering the selector. I found a nice place on the ST-V pcb to add a two-pin header for power so you can attach less to the cart itself.

https://mega.nz/#!GQQBXYjC!-8kQ8lYH19tttx5pPbu2v38rGl8nHTZ5dR8peiFZNQ0

For the record, since I installed one for myself I have fallen in love with it. It is well thought out and designed. I love being able to select and load as many games in a row as I like without powering down the pcb. The limitation of the multi cart with the newest firmware installed was that you could only change games once with autoboot. To change the game a second time you needed to power down, change jumpers, then reboot. This selector absolutely adds value to Darksoft's cart as a hole. Great job, Misalo!

If the instructions are ok, I will begin taking the money. I will use my alternate Paypal account to accept payments and then forward Misalo's portion back to him. I will keep a few dollars for my time and shipping costs. I will give a final total in dollars for you US guys soon. But for now let me know if the instructions are clear.

The directions look very straight-forward, Mitsurugi. Can't wait!

They look good to me, but I'm sure I'll end up having questions anyway!

Thanks, and can't wait. Send me a total! :D

Looks great, thanks for writing that up Mitsu!

Shoot me a total when you're ready; thanks again!!

Back